The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 14 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
As cool as it would be to have SVO used again I don't think they would use the name. Id bet on ST. SVO hasnt existed for quite some time.
If they do make a turboed 4 I'm getting boss 140 striped down the side (If they use a 2.3 that is).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

With all of this excitement and happiness over the Fusion,lets just call the new 2015 a Mustfuse, then everyone will be happy,except us old die hard Mustang fans.

GT Member
5.0L Member

Here are some pics found off another forum. Lets see if I can upload from the autoguide app.

EDIT: Nope. What a pile of...

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

GT Member
5.0L Member

Lets see if this works...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2e5jsc1.jpeg
Views:	667
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	259858   Click image for larger version

Name:	2mnjg9g.jpeg
Views:	470
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	259866   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-2.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	259874   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-1.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	259882   Click image for larger version

Name:	1167512_621111204587315_1188946604_o.jpeg
Views:	699
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	259890  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1172545_621106651254437_294087416_o.jpeg
Views:	693
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	259898  

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

I guess people don't understand that Ford wants a signature feature for their cars. It might have some Fusion likeness but that is where it ends.

Just like a Porsche looks like a Porsche and a Ferrari looks like a Ferrari.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
PONY Member

I think people understand it plenty, they just don't like it. You know, opinions A lot of people like the fact that when people see them coming up behind them, they don't think "that's a Ford", they think "that's a Mustang". Until it's close, aside from the running horse emblem, there's not much to what we've seen other than "that's a Ford". Maybe the finished product will look a lot more distinct, but currently it does not. The fusion superimposed over the mustang makes this pretty clear.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
I think people understand it plenty, they just don't like it. You know, opinions A lot of people like the fact that when people see them coming up behind them, they don't think "that's a Ford", they think "that's a Mustang". Until it's close, aside from the running horse emblem, there's not much to what we've seen other than "that's a Ford". Maybe the finished product will look a lot more distinct, but currently it does not. The fusion superimposed over the mustang makes this pretty clear.

There is a huge portion of the American population who neither know nor care what a Mustang is. Those who do would have no trouble identifying a Mustang behind them no matter the year.
Rookie

Not to sure about the whole thing. The style doesn't look too bad but it seems like Ford is lowering itself to the likes of Japanese compact sports cars. It's sickening actually. I'm a huge American muscle car fan. Especially Ford. This will definitely give those Chevy and Dodge, Mustang haters fuel to talk smack. Ford took the lead in bringing back the classic style and performance of the first generation of muscle cars with today's technology and Chevy and Dodge followed suit. Ford needs to stay the course and continue the great things its doing.

Taking the muscle out of the muscle car is not it. Turbo?!? Four cylinder?!? Can see all the crap talking on that one. Then the all around shrinking of the car itself. Bottom line is, stop trying to make this muscle car into a Japanese compact sports car. People who buy muscle cars should come to an understanding that its going to cost some gas. Muscle cars were not made for fuel economy. Want to save on gas, don't get a muscle car and go ahead and buy that Accord two door coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
Not to sure about the whole thing. The style doesn't look too bad but it seems like Ford is lowering itself to the likes of Japanese compact sports cars. It's sickening actually. I'm a huge American muscle car fan. Especially Ford. This will definitely give those Chevy and Dodge, Mustang haters fuel to talk smack. Ford took the lead in bringing back the classic style and performance of the first generation of muscle cars with today's technology and Chevy and Dodge followed suit. Ford needs to stay the course and continue the great things its doing.

Taking the muscle out of the muscle car is not it. Turbo?!? Four cylinder?!? Can see all the crap talking on that one. Then the all around shrinking of the car itself. Bottom line is, stop trying to make this muscle car into a Japanese compact sports car. People who buy muscle cars should come to an understanding that its going to cost some gas. Muscle cars were not made for fuel economy. Want to save on gas, don't get a muscle car and go ahead and buy that Accord two door coupe.

First, how can you form an impression of the car's looks when you've seen less than a quarter of the car without the camo on? And even the uncovered part has black tape and no factory paint. Yet despite this, you make a blanket statements about the car's appearance.

Second, who cares what some Camaro owner or Challenger owners says or thinks? People buy what they like. That won't change. Some people will like those. Some people will like Mustangs. BTW have you seen the new Camaro with its cheezy air vent on the hood and the Honda Prelude-esque tail lights? I guess some people like it; to each their own. But if I like something and someone else doesn't, I brush it off because everybody has different tastes.

The four cylinder motor is rumored to have somewhere around 350 HP, which is 50 more than an 05-10 GT in a car that will probably be lighter. Sounds like plenty of muscle to me. Pretty sure it will blow away an Accord coupe, be very fun to drive, and be reasonable on gas and on purchase price.

You seem awfully concerned with what others think. To me that's a crappy way to go through life. If you enjoy something, you shouldn't be concerned with someone stranger's opinion, especially some Camaro guys posting on the internet.

And you're one of the few people I've seen complaining about the car getting smaller and lighter. If you want performance, you want lighter weight. I love my car, but it's a boat. I could definitely do with some sharper handling and a lighter curb weight.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
I've seen complaining about the car getting smaller and lighter. If you want performance, you want lighter weight. I love my car, but it's a boat. I could definitely do with some sharper handling and a lighter curb weight.
This is the one thing im looking forward to. Drop 200 pounds and make the car just a bit smaller and it will be a completely different vehicle. I will drive circles around the current car. I guess I just like the Fox/SN95/New Edge sized cars.

Dont get me wrong. I love the current design. I was planning on picking one up but I gotta see what the '15 looks like first.

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
People who buy muscle cars should come to an understanding that its going to cost some gas. Muscle cars were not made for fuel economy. Want to save on gas, don't get a muscle car and go ahead and buy that Accord two door coupe.
Forgot to talk about this in my previous post. Why should we accept crappy fuel economy with today's technology? With the technology car companies have at their disposal today, there is no need to live with bad fuel economy, even from sports cars and muscle cars. The new Vette gets something like 29-30 MPG on the highway.

And like it or not, with gas north of 4 bucks a gallon in parts of the country and the economy still slow, it's a pretty tough sell marketing a car that gets 16 or 17 MPG, even to the most hardcore muscle car enthusiasts.

On top of all that, you have the new CAFE standards from the government. Car companies are REQUIRED to make these cars more efficient each and every year. So unless you want to see Ford and other stop making muscle cars, you're going to have to accept that they will need to cut weight and streamline things to meet those new efficiency standards.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Apprentice
S197 Member

The Car is shrinking because the Government made the Cafe MPG curve draconian by 2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
Lets see if this works...
If this is it, I'll pass on that big time; yuuuckkk !!!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

Here's some more news on the 2015:
Ford's Risky 2015 Mustang Could Alienate Loyal Fans (F)

Also, to those of you who still want a honking big retro muscle Mustang, you should probably consider a fat hemi Challenger. Mustang needs to change to survive. People buy Mustangs for the road, not the dragstrip. A smaller, lighter Mustang will have a broader appeal. Ford is just getting smarter about the next-gen with more aluminum, lighter materials, smaller displacements and dimensions.

Consider this, the '14 Porsche Cayman only has a 325 HP 6 cylinder engine. Zero to sixty is in the 4.5 range, 1/4 mile is in mid 12's and top speed is 176 MPH. Weight -2,910 lbs.

Now consider a 2015 Mustang weighing around 3100 - 3200 lbs with a 375 HP anything engine. Now you're talking about a world car that's fast in the twisties and a straight line. Don't worry, be happy.
PONY Member

Just hope that is better than the competition (Camaro), also will like a fast paddle shift transmission to go with the new IRS.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73 & Std. transmission, Steeda Sport springs & KONI STRT. GT500 strut mounts, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS + ATE DOT 4, Rear CS style pedestal spoiler. Eleanor style side scoops, "C" style side decals, Black AM BOSS style roof vinyl, black hood custom vinyl & Black pony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page