The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 17 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I like it. It's time for something new. How much longer can you continue to update a retro design? I sure am glad Ford didn't decide to do a modern-retro Mustang II since they are clearly taking the car back to it's more compact roots. Darn, no Mustang Ghia? Say it isn't so!

The grille opening is obviously drawn from the Evos concept which is inspired by Aston Martin and becoming Ford's new corporate face for it's cars. However, it is not too far from the current shape of the 2013-14 Mustang grille. The biggest departure is the headlight shape which I see some of the 99-04 headlights in this new design (just flipped upside down).

One thing that isn't clear is whether the greenhouse will continue with the triangular fastback rear quarter windows or go back to the coupe/notchback style windows adjoining the door glass. I am hoping for the latter.

Mustang sales have been declining, so if we want to continue to enjoy being able to buy these, we have to accept some changes that are inevitable when shifting to a more global platform. While I hope the new model renews interest among American buyers, the success of this car elsewhere will make it easier for Ford to make a profit on a vehicle with less than stellar numbers stateside.

To all who keep calling it a Fusion coupe, don't be so ridiculous. This has all the right proportions of a RWD car (long hood, short rear deck), is a RWD car, and will be available with a V8 hopefully packing a few more ponies (and 400 less lbs to haul around). Should be good.

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cant wait to see the real thing,Ford is keeping the wraps on this one really tight.hope it looks better than the pics.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev0006 View Post
2015 Ford Mustang rendered

2015 Ford Mustang rendered

That is absolutely disgusting...

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..

PONY Member

You guys are too much. As soon as your buddy gets one you'll freak out and end up in the fetal position in your garage.

This is human nature to hate new things, even though we'll grow to love or at least tolerate it. It happens every time...
...we get a new late night talk show host.
...a company changes its logo.
...Facebook changes its layout.
...we change our currency.
...somebody gets a new haircut.
...new policies at work.

2011 V6 Base Grabber Blue GBMR #082
DG Custom Side Mirrors, Tri-bar Fender Emblems, MCA Grille, Magnaflow Street Axleback, Strut Tower Brace, AM GT500 Wheels, Bama Tuned 93Race
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

All of my buddies are old farts and own & like the Mustang the way it is, so there will be NO fetal position for me if the new Mustang looks anything like what we have seen in the renderings,it is just plain ugly,I don"t care about 50 more HP or 400 pounds less weight if it doesn't look like a Mustang.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Ridiculousness. Until the S197, none of the other mustang bodies have looked any where close to the original. Did you and your buddies whine and cry about those also? You may not like the body style and that is your prerogative. But to say it doesn't look like a Mustang is a pretty weak arguement. To each his own though.
Here are a few more images from Car Buzz.

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Not getting all caught up in the renderings. Excited to see what Ford has in store for the new Mustang. I've had mine for just over 10 months and love it! Who knows, maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll pick up an S550. V8 of course.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleHCR View Post
Well the 50 HP more the coyote is supposed to have might help you with that "Mustang feel" you are concerned about. All the haters will change their minds once they sit next to one at a red light and it roasts the tires off. They'll say: Yep. It's a Mustang.
People saying this render doesn't look anything like a Mustang kill me. Because we all know the fox looked just like all previous Mustangs. And of course the SN95's looked exactly like the fox. Get over it. The Mustang has evolved over the years and in a couple years some, not all, but some people will be saying "this is the best Mustang style ever" just like some do with the original, the fox body, the sn95 and the s197.
The best thing to do is to wait and see the finished product before you make your minds up. I have faith that Ford will put out an amazing car.
Okay, let me rephrase that: I'm happy with my 14' even though Ford will probably put out a great "new" stang. Interested in what they'll come up with...Oh yeah, I own a Fox body and it looks nothing at all like an original Mustang so good point.

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.

Last edited by 93TealNotch; 08-31-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added comments
BOSS Member

Garage
Here's the latest Internet rendering of the 2015 Mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangmaro.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	262761  

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
I like it, the render "strips" the cover off the spy shot basically. Would be nice to see the rest of the body. Iīm glad the Mustang is going back to its original size.
I agree. I'm baffled that people are actually complaining about the car getting smaller and (hopefully) lighter. Why wouldn't you want a faster and better handling car? No offense but the S197s are boats. I love my car, but people should be realistic. It could definitely use a diet and more aerodynamic profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Doesn't look to good honestly. The side profile doesn't look like a mustang. Front end isn't TOO bad though
What side profile? The actual test car still has 3/4 of the body covered in thick camo, so I don't know how anyone could make an informed opinion on the side profile of the new car. That other pic is just somebody's render. It looks like a photoshopped S197. Wait for the real thing to get uncovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
That is absolutely disgusting...
Take a look at my post a couple pages back. I put the prototype's front end next to a '14 front end. Doesn't even look that much different from the current car other than the headlights and hood.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
I'm baffled that people are actually complaining about the car getting smaller and (hopefully) lighter. Why wouldn't you want a faster and better handling car? No offense but the S197s are boats.
Well I'm happy with the current size as I am very tall. The Mustang going smaller should have less room inside also, unless they figure something. So it's not gonna be good for tall guys...

Anyway, I'm in the group of guys that are are waiting to see the final product in order to make a realistic opinion.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Here's the latest Internet rendering of the 2015 Mustang.
Is that a camaro??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleHCR View Post
Well the 50 HP more the coyote is supposed to have might help you with that "Mustang feel" you are concerned about. All the haters will change their minds once they sit next to one at a red light and it roasts the tires off. They'll say: Yep. It's a Mustang.
People saying this render doesn't look anything like a Mustang kill me. Because we all know the fox looked just like all previous Mustangs. And of course the SN95's looked exactly like the fox. Get over it. The Mustang has evolved over the years and in a couple years some, not all, but some people will be saying "this is the best Mustang style ever" just like some do with the original, the fox body, the sn95 and the s197.
The best thing to do is to wait and see the finished product before you make your minds up. I have faith that Ford will put out an amazing car.
I agree. You need to have owned several generations of Mustangs to really get the feel of what a Mustang is, and believe, a Fox was very similar in many ways to the 65 Mustang (all proportions and even size wise for example).

I donīt have a problem with a new generation Mustang because: a) An Old Mustang is still a Mustang, and I still like the old generations, and b) As much as I love the Fox Mustang, I wouldnīt want Ford to turn the current model into the Fox II - meaning letting it grow old. the current generation has been great but its been here since 05.

I welcome progress, and I bet we will see the best Mustang ever with the 50th anniversary, just because the Mustang has gotten better with every generation (save the 74-78)...

The good thing about Mustangs is that they are social... they like to share the garage with the older generations, they donīt get jealous if you get a new one and keep the old one... LOL. I for sure am going to do that. As soon as I take ownership of my 2010 V6 (its a company car) I will trade it for a used GT (11 to 14) and then order a 50th anny!

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
All of my buddies are old farts and own & like the Mustang the way it is, so there will be NO fetal position for me if the new Mustang looks anything like what we have seen in the renderings,it is just plain ugly,I don"t care about 50 more HP or 400 pounds less weight if it doesn't look like a Mustang.
The current mustang was designed for your generation. The next gen will be for the next generation of mustang fan. People who were 18 in '64 are not the main car buying segment for these cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I live in S/W Florida and attend MANY car shows and Mustang events,you would be VERY hard pressed to find a few people under 45 years old, at these events, and the way the economy is in the USA and Europe what market do you think should get targeted,the old Farts who have already earned there money and have a few extra $$$ to spend on fun,or your so called younger crowd,that are still paying for student loans, and starting out in life,the outcome will be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page