The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 18 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
I agree. I'm baffled that people are actually complaining about the car getting smaller and (hopefully) lighter. Why wouldn't you want a faster and better handling car? No offense but the S197s are boats.
I would say the Challenger is the boat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I live in S/W Florida and attend MANY car shows and Mustang events,you would be VERY hard pressed to find a few people under 45 years old, at these events, and the way the economy is in the USA and Europe what market do you think should get targeted,the old Farts who have already earned there money and have a few extra $$$ to spend on fun,or your so called younger crowd,that are still paying for student loans, and starting out in life,the outcome will be interesting.
That's because car shows are a fad for middle aged and older men. I've seen local car shows of all types, and most are nothing but old guys sitting around and having a couple drinks. Most younger guys in S/W Florida are probably going to be spending their time on the beach or in clubs, not sitting around in a lawn chair at a local car show. No offense.

Plenty of young professionals out there with disposable income or those who want a fun everyday car. Should Ford throw in the towel and let them walk into an import dealership without offering an alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 GT 5.0 View Post
I would say the Challenger is the boat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It is a boat, but so is the S197. It's just a smaller boat.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sean Reilly

The "Latest" rendering in the Mag. "Car and Driver" looks....Well I guess OK. But what I DONT like is the fact that they have quoted a "Higher Up from Ford" revealing that for 2016, the Top of the Line GT-350 will sport a Completely NEW Engine that will displace around 5.4L be NA, BUT, it will be a "Flat Plane Crankshaft" Ferrari style Motor that will Rev to the Moon and put out around 600 HP I say YUK!! ...... As a Flat Planed Crank engine sounds like 2 Four Cylinders "Bolted" together!....This is NOT how an American V8 is supposed to Sound!.....I NEVER Liked the way those Euro-V8's sounded......Look up "Flat Planed Crankshaft" engines (Wikipedia) for those that want a complete understanding of the difference...

Sean.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
It is a boat, but so is the S197. It's just a smaller boat.
Best handling boat I ever steered.

2007 Mustang GT Premium, 5 speed manual, Grabber Orange
K&N "Short Ram" CAI, 3.55 gears, Ford Racing Suspension (M-FR3-MGTA) w/ "K" springs, Vorshlag Caster Camber Plates, JBA 3" axle-back exhaust, UPR Oil Separator, 18" Shelby GT500 Wheels w/ 275/40ZR18 Hankook Ventus Evo2 tires, Shaker 1000 Audio System
BOSS Member

Garage
I like my Boat but I would trade for a smaller faster one.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice

2015 Mustang ugh !

If pictures of the `15 hold true it's a combination of Nissan and Audi looks. The rear fender bulge is awful and out of character for what a Mustang historically is.
Rear independent suspension and the loss 0f 400 pounds is great but I still have to look at it.

Last edited by kenv; 09-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
PONY Member

Oh where to start..
luckypony

Yeah that 2014 Mustang looks absolutely atrocious...

Banned

OH NOES! IT'S ALREADY OUT! THE 2014 LOOKS LIKE THE 2013 EXACTLY EXCEPT FOR A SPEC OF DUST! I HATE THIS CAR!

2014 Ford Mustang Sports Car | Awesome Performance & Eye-Catching Style | Ford.com

And the mods come out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXEbqS7cpE

For this thread, it's
Closing Time Semisonic Lyrics - YouTube
PONY Member

what you seeing spy photos of is the 15 and I totally agree thank god I got a 13 may have to keep it forever it that trend keeps up
GT Member

What pictures are you talking about?... So far two all I see are two YouTube music videos

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member

Okay, we all know he means 2015. So, let's spare him the drama with those details. 14's have been on the road for a while now.

However, even though I own a 2012 "Retro" Stang, I'm happy that retro is being phased out. Up until the 2005, the Mustang has progressed and changed with the times. We've had the same look of the car, for the most part, for almost a decade now. It's time to move on to a sleeky, sexy, modern car.

I want to see the car progress. Not continue to be stuck in the past. If the 2015 is fast, rides nicely, has a great modern interior, and drives well, I'd trade in a heartbeat to one.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Rookie

I'll reserve judgement on the 2015 Mustang styling until I actually see one. Cut 400lbs of weight and a bump up to 475hp with direct injection and you'll be needing that rear fender bulge.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEFFC View Post
I'll reserve judgement on the 2015 Mustang styling until I actually see one. Cut 400lbs of weight and a bump up to 475hp with direct injection and you'll be needing that rear fender bulge.
10-4 rubber ducky.

2013 Canadian Mustang GT "Budget Boss" Deep Impact Blue (Borla Atak Axleback)
1979 International Scout II

"The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!"
BOSS Member

Garage
I'd like to see the rear fender bulge he's talking about. So far nobody has seen anything farther back than the front fenders.....

You're not going to see 475 hp either. At least not from a GT...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page