The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 19 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'd like to see the rear fender bulge he's talking about. So far nobody has seen anything farther back than the front fenders.....

You're not going to see 475 hp either. At least not from a GT...

I don't know. 5 years ago, noone would have said to get over 400 hp out of a GT, and here we are with 420 hp. Times are changing. As long as they can do the CAFE standards (or whatever they're called), we're in store for some fun in the near future.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

With more and more 500 and 600 HP cars being produced, 400 HP (or 420) doesn't quite have the mystique it did just a couple of years ago. I'd like to see even more power on the GT. I don't want to get smoked by Mercedes/BMW/Jaguar/Aston Martin luxobarges, even if they have six-figure price tags.

Then again I'm afraid "affordable" V8 engines are almost a thing of the past. In 1991, a 5.0 V8 was roughly a $1000 option on my Thunderbird, and you could get it on the base car without any other packages or options. On most cars now, the V8 model is it's own trim line, costing many thousands more.

2011 Kona Blue GT Premium
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
I don't know. 5 years ago, noone would have said to get over 400 hp out of a GT, and here we are with 420 hp. Times are changing. As long as they can do the CAFE standards (or whatever they're called), we're in store for some fun in the near future.
I'm sticking to my guns on this, I think 435 to 440 hp would be a more reasonable number. Even if there is just a 100 hp drop in weight it would still be a fairly significant improvement in straight line performance.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdislandlock View Post
10-4 rubber ducky.
Copy dat good buddy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'd like to see the rear fender bulge he's talking about. So far nobody has seen anything farther back than the front fenders.....

You're not going to see 475 hp either. At least not from a GT...
I've been staring the rear end of IRS test mules running around Detroit for nearly a year.

A Boss intake is good for 30 crank hp with the current heads. Ford warranties the 575hp TVS blower setup so they must trust the internals. If the 5.0 gets direct injection I can't imagine 475hp is that far of a reach.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh look, it's this thread again

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEFFC View Post
Copy dat good buddy..

I've been staring the rear end of IRS test mules running around Detroit for nearly a year.

A Boss intake is good for 30 crank hp with the current heads. Ford warranties the 575hp TVS blower setup so they must trust the internals. If the 5.0 gets direct injection I can't imagine 475hp is that far of a reach.
Where are you getting 30 crank hp from just an intake manifold?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEFFC View Post
It's not whether it can be done, but whether there's a commercial need for it. If they think people will buy it at 430 hp, they'll make it 430 hp, which leaves more room for a hi-po model, and gives them leeway to increase further down the line without having to scratch their heads too much.

Kind of like why the Cayman S is the same engine as the Carrera, detuned - so they don't cannibalize the 911, and people are still buying the Cayman even with less po.

Or kind of why the C7 is 460 HP. Could you extract more juice from that engine? For sure. Is there a reason to do that, and raise the bar on the ZR1/Z06 replacement, while people are drooling at their mouth as it is? No way.

Then in a year or two or three, you notch it up a bit, which you could easily do now, but you do it when the enthusiasm starts to fizzle, and as a manufacturer you save a lot of money.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
Okay, we all know he means 2015. So, let's spare him the drama with those details. 14's have been on the road for a while now.
And, I edited the thread so it reads correctly.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
It's not whether it can be done, but whether there's a commercial need for it. If they think people will buy it at 430 hp, they'll make it 430 hp, which leaves more room for a hi-po model, and gives them leeway to increase further down the line without having to scratch their heads too much.
Exactly.

(...15...)
Sean Reilly

Come on guys.....Post these 2015 Speculation Threads up in the "Sticky" at the Top of this Page......Thread Merged>>>>

Sean.
GT Member

In the end Ford will do what will sell the most cars globally. If that means a more euro inspired look than that is what they'll do. They may turn off some American enthusiast but it will also attract a younger base. And I have a strong feeling even the American enthusiast will come on board when they see that this is a bad ass ride that will kick the **** out of the bowtie crowd.

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
its exactly what i expected.

ford said when they showed the evos concept that all cars of the next generation would take design queues from it.

all they did, was do what they very publically said they were going to do.

im glad I got my 2014 when I did no way in hell i'd buy that European based designed crap.. what a abomination to the name "mustang musclecar"

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW shifter
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

It is nice to see that some of us old farts aren"t the only ones that think that Euro crap is UGLY,the Mustang is an American Icon,and should be kept as such.If the renderings hold true as to what Ford builds as a Mustang for 2015,then that will save me a trip to my Ford dealer to see it and a lot of money on magazine articles as I have 0 interest in what I have seen so far,I just hope this isn"t a bad dream that Ford makes come true.
Apprentice

2015 Shelby GT500 rendered

PONY Member

I have a hard time believing ford is going to make the front end look identical to the fusion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page