The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 20 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynwood View Post
I have a hard time believing ford is going to make the front end look identical to the fusion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
A lot of auto makers are doing the "lets make all the cars look nearly identical" thing, so I would ot be surprised if the 2015 Mustang looked a lot like the Fusion and Taurus.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynwood View Post
I have a hard time believing ford is going to make the front end look identical to the fusion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for reminding everybody of that for the 9000th time....

Apprentice

looks like the poor man's version of an Austin Martin DB9

2014 GT MT, Track Package, Recaros
Magnaflow Competition Catback, Barton STS w/ 2-Post Bracket, Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilovers, UPR Race Panhard Bar & Brace, SCT Livewire BAMA Tuned, Steeda Ultimate Adjustable Sway Bar Kit, BMR LCA's w/ Spherical Bushings & Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA Mount

MACH I Member

Its all part of the "One-Ford" concept. Fusion, Fiesta, the new Focus, the Escape and now the Mustang will all have similar front ends.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Its all part of the "One-Ford" concept. Fusion, Fiesta, the new Focus, the Escape and now the Mustang will all have similar front ends.
Maybe someone forgot to tell the design department they don't own Aston Martin anymore.

2012 Red Candy GT Premium, 6MT, 401A, Brembo, GT Acc Pack 5, HIDs, Sat Nav
MACH I Member

In all likelihood these designs were created many years ago and they've only been refining them since then.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It's the american look of the Mustang that made it so popular in europe also, no one wants to buy a Mustang that will look like another european car...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc151 View Post
Maybe someone forgot to tell the design department they don't own Aston Martin anymore.
But they do have one of the main designers from Aston Martin
Actually, there probably won't be a 2015 GT500. It looks like it will be discontinued because the 5.8 L engine apparently won't fit in the new reduced size body. Shelby is discontinuing the GT350 this fall, and it looks like a new Ford GT350 will replace the GT500 in the standard Mustang line-up.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member
S197 Member

IMHO, as much I want the Mustang to live on forever, if your going to "euro" a 50 year old American icon... just kill it. it will die anyway if you euro design it. at least let the Mustang go out with its head held high... not disgraced by some eurotrash design.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That looks terrible! I love Shelby's but I wouldn't buy that.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
GT Member
S197 Member

"One Ford" design. who came up with that idea? the same design engineer who has been running Cadillac's front end design into the ground for the last decade?

no one wants a car that looks like every other car that Ford makes. they need to rethink that concept.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Rookie

Is it just me or does it have a "cat fish" face look??????

1994 GT 5.0 All Black in and out
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS View Post
"One Ford" design. who came up with that idea? the same design engineer who has been running Cadillac's front end design into the ground for the last decade?

no one wants a car that looks like every other car that Ford makes. they need to rethink that concept.
I agree. Unfortunately most car manufacturers are moving forward with a similar concept. Apparently the aim is to make a car brand instantly recognizable to the general consumer. It is just too bad that they are taking iconic names like the Mustang and also subjecting it to the same treatment.

2018 GT350 - Race red

GT Member

I'm sure glad I purchased a 2012 GT. so far I'm not real keen on any of the recent 2015 shots I've seen.
GT Member

I do not like the same look concept crap, ford is doing to the Mustang. The Mustang is an icon, not an everyday car. Jmo....

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page