The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 21 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil pyro View Post
Is it just me or does it have a "cat fish" face look??????
All it needs is some whiskers.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Thanks for reminding everybody of that for the 9000th time....
im going to say it again in the 9001st rendering thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev0006 View Post
2015 Shelby GT500 rendered

2015 Shelby GT500 rendered
Geez, I really hope not.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

PONY Member

Garage
For me PERSONALLY, I'm really glad I got my 2014! I do not, under any circumstances, want a SN95 94-98 style/sized Mustang. I purchased my 14 GT/CS when the "gettin was good." I knew the 15's were going to be down sized, but man, 15" from the front and almost 7" narrower, WOW! The length of the 2011 Mustang is 188.1 inches and width 73.9 inches------the 1994 Mustang length is 181.5 inches and width 71.8 inches. Now if the current estimations of 15" length/7" width reduction is correct, that will put the dimensions of the 2015 Mustang at a length of 173.1 inches and a width of 66.9 inches. The 1974 Mustang has a length of 175 inches and a width of 70.2 inches.

Even if the the 15"/7" reduction isn't totally correct, the new Mustang is going to be much, much, smaller. I hated my time in my 1995 Mustang. The interior was way to small for me at 6' tall. My fellow co-worker who car pooled with me had long legs which were practically in his chest riding in that car. Additionally, I only had like a quarter inch from the top of my head to the roof. My 2007 Mustang is a breath of fresh air. I actually have room to move around in that car and my co-worker isn't up against me. My 2014 GT/CS has even more interior room and I love it. For me, 2015 is to small, more like an SN95.....but even smaller.

By the way, the dimensions of the 1971 "boat" Mustang is: length 189.5 inches and width 74.1 inches.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
BOSS Member

Garage
For all you who believe everything they see on the Internet here it is again. Where is the OFFICIAL Ford render ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangmaro.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	264697  

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

Last edited by kenv; 09-08-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: next time you call people names, I`ll give you a vacation!!
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
For me PERSONALLY, I'm really glad I got my 2014! I do not, under any circumstances, want a SN95 94-98 style/sized Mustang. I purchased my 14 GT/CS when the "gettin was good." I knew the 15's were going to be down sized, but man, 15" from the front and almost 7" narrower, WOW! The length of the 2011 Mustang is 188.1 inches and width 73.9 inches------the 1994 Mustang length is 181.5 inches and width 71.8 inches. Now if the current estimations of 15" length/7" width reduction is correct, that will put the dimensions of the 2015 Mustang at a length of 173.1 inches and a width of 66.9 inches. The 1974 Mustang has a length of 175 inches and a width of 70.2 inches.

Even if the the 15"/7" reduction isn't totally correct, the new Mustang is going to be much, much, smaller. I hated my time in my 1995 Mustang. The interior was way to small for me at 6' tall. My fellow co-worker who car pooled with me had long legs which were practically in his chest riding in that car. Additionally, I only had like a quarter inch from the top of my head to the roof. My 2007 Mustang is a breath of fresh air. I actually have room to move around in that car and my co-worker isn't up against me. My 2014 GT/CS has even more interior room and I love it. For me, 2015 is to small, more like an SN95.....but even smaller.

By the way, the dimensions of the 1971 "boat" Mustang is: length 189.5 inches and width 74.1 inches.

Jedi D.
Well, the length of the 64.5 was 181.6" so we won't be too far off with the new one.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

American muscle have a spy shot of the 2015 without the camouflage on their video, not good at all. skip to 1:45

2015 Ford Mustang Revealed, 2011 GT Build - September 2013 at AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
Rookie

I know the talk of the turboed 4 cylinder isn't really a huge topic, but with the weight reduction it would essentially be a RWD WRX, minus the suspension. With that being said, would Ford try and compete with Subaru, price wise as well as overall performance? I've been split between getting an STi and a 5.0 if Ford could pull it off I could have the best of both worlds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everton992000 View Post
I know the talk of the turboed 4 cylinder isn't really a huge topic, but with the weight reduction it would essentially be a RWD WRX, minus the suspension. With that being said, would Ford try and compete with Subaru, price wise as well as overall performance? I've been split between getting an STi and a 5.0 if Ford could pull it off I could have the best of both worlds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Apples man, apples. Those cars aren't even in the same class.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post

. . .. and for some of us, that's the point exactly. The current car is elephantine, the same size as the 71-73, which everyone agrees was too big. 4000 pounds? That's just too much for a performance car.

I have heard and hope for a 12-15" length reduction. I seriously doubt the 7" width reduction, making it narrower than a Pinto. That's not real, and it doesn't jibe with the spy photography of the camo'd car that came out recently. That car was well-proportioned, not high and skinny.

So, there are at least some of us looking forward to the new car. And if none of the rest of you want one, then we should be able to get a good deal with a healthy rebate in the first year. That'd be OK, too.

And remember, no one liked the SN95 when it came out. But it ended up being OK.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old5Oh View Post
. . .. and for some of us, that's the point exactly. The current car is elephantine, the same size as the 71-73, which everyone agrees was too big. 4000 pounds? That's just too much for a performance car.

I have heard and hope for a 12-15" length reduction. I seriously doubt the 7" width reduction, making it narrower than a Pinto. That's not real, and it doesn't jibe with the spy photography of the camo'd car that came out recently. That car was well-proportioned, not high and skinny.

So, there are at least some of us looking forward to the new car. And if none of the rest of you want one, then we should be able to get a good deal with a healthy rebate in the first year. That'd be OK, too.

And remember, no one liked the SN95 when it came out. But it ended up being OK.
Agreed. I welcome the size reduction. Moreso, I welcome the weight reduction with open arms.

PONY Member

Garage
Different strokes for different folks!! I for one liked the 71-73 Mustangs which were the best built and most refined of the muscle stangs. When Ford downsized to the Pinto-stang in 74 everyone cheered along with Motor Trend which awarded it the Car of the Year award. Ford sold 385,693 of them in 74, but in 75 sales dropped almost 50% to 188,575. The once cheering buyers became dismayed at the small size and weak engines. As used car prices fell on the Pinto-Stang, the values of the 71-73 Boat-Stangs (65-70 models also) held firm and in some cases rose because owners held on to them resulting in a reduction of supply on the used car market. Only time will tell if history repeats itself.

Mustang Chronicle, By Jerry Hesley and the auto editors of Consumer Guide
"And suprisingly, the '71s rode and handled better than previous Mustangs, something biased chroniclers typically ignore. Understeer was reduced, roadholding was improved, and new variable-ratio power steering provided better road feel than Mustang's fixed-ratio setup. (pg. 102)

Will history repeat itself??
"In design terms, the 1971-73 models were the last in the mold of the smash-hit original. Sporty styling, performance that was at least interesting, and a long option list had all endured, but everyone knew that Mustang had veered way off the ponycar path and needed to get back on track---pronto.
It was about to do just that with a new-generation car for the brave, battered world of the Seventies. Unfortunately, the regrettably underachieving Mustang II would prove as controversial in its own way as the "Clydesdale" cars it replaced. (pg. 103)

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

We could always buy the Smart Car, and mount the pony on the front,now we have smaller and lighter they might even paint it in grabber blue.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
We could always buy the Smart Car, and mount the pony on the front,now we have smaller and lighter they might even paint it in grabber blue.
As long as it has a Hayabusa motor!

PONY Member

I happened to come across a forum of people complaining that the Ferrari F12 looks too much like an Aston Martin. It reminded me of people here complaining about the Mustang rendering looking too "Euro."

2011 V6 Base Grabber Blue GBMR #082
DG Custom Side Mirrors, Tri-bar Fender Emblems, MCA Grille, Magnaflow Street Axleback, Strut Tower Brace, AM GT500 Wheels, Bama Tuned 93Race
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page