The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 25 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

It seems that they are just throwing away the American muscle factor of the Mustang. Nothing is muscular about it now. .. its like they are trying to make it into a euro

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazim17 View Post
It seems that they are just throwing away the American muscle factor of the Mustang. Nothing is muscular about it now. .. its like they are trying to make it into a euro

Like the triangles on the bottom front fender. Just like the jetta and audi. Not cool.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
PONY Member

I must be one of the only people that likes a turn-key ignition. Had no idea so many people were looking forward to a button.

Apprentice

Check out the ford fusion Talladega edition front end, that's what it looks like imo

Black 2013 5.0L GT 6M: BBP, HIDs, 20" AMR (285s in back, 255s up front), mostly stock.. for now -15% Tint
(SOLD) Black 2010 4.6L GT 5M: SCT Handheld Tuner - Eibach Sportline Springs-Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust-Hurst Competition Plus Shifter -JLT 3 Series CAI-3.73 FRPP Gears-BMR LCAs & Relo Brackets
-10in Matte Black GT500 Stripes/Roush Front Bumper
(SOLD) White 1999 3.8L V6 4A: MAC Long Tube Headers-Offroad H-Pipe-2.5" Duals-SVT Cobra Wheels
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
I must be one of the only people that likes a turn-key ignition. Had no idea so many people were looking forward to a button.
Yeah my sister has that in her car and I think it's a really dumb invention.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazim17 View Post

You mean like how the SN95 or even the original had European influence?

What about the SN95 was more "muscular" compared to what you think the 2015 will be like, if I may ask?

It just seems like every generation of people thinks that the world is ending with them. Same goes with Mustangs.
Apprentice

Push to start is a pretty cool feature, but imo paddle shifters don't belong on a mustang

Black 2013 5.0L GT 6M: BBP, HIDs, 20" AMR (285s in back, 255s up front), mostly stock.. for now -15% Tint
(SOLD) Black 2010 4.6L GT 5M: SCT Handheld Tuner - Eibach Sportline Springs-Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust-Hurst Competition Plus Shifter -JLT 3 Series CAI-3.73 FRPP Gears-BMR LCAs & Relo Brackets
(SOLD) White 1999 3.8L V6 4A: MAC Long Tube Headers-Offroad H-Pipe-2.5" Duals-SVT Cobra Wheels
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
Honestly I couldn't care less for a push-start button...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastofthe4.6s View Post
Push to start is a pretty cool feature, but imo paddle shifters don't belong on a mustang

Why not, specifically?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
I hope this is the 15.

Luxury muscle: The Equus Bass 770
Man, that thing is a work or art. I would take one of those in a second... if I didn't have to shell out $250k+ for it. The side profile is just classic. The front- and rear-views are a bit odd, but they could grow on me. The power is in nearly 2014 Shelby range. What's not to love, other than the price tag?

Yeah, I know many of you will say, "plenty," but to each his own.

2014 Mustang GT Premium
5.0L V8, 6-speed manual, 3.73 axle
Mods listed in profile.
Ordered 2 June 2013 | Delivered 15 August 2013.
Apprentice
S197 Member

push button starting is so backwards. Its complexity and parts to a proven system.
BOSS Member

Garage
I'll take the paddle shifting over the push button start any day.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice

Really?? I feel like muscle car screams slam gears in a manual

PONY Member

Garage
I'm just glad I got my 2014 when the opportunity arose. Really, nothing wrong with the 2015, Ford has to do something to boost sales or we won't have a Mustang around much longer. The Mustang sales are the lowest in the Ford line up at around 78,000 per year, a number that just isn't profitable for Ford. If Ford, by producing a Mustang "world car," can get sales around 125,000+ average per year then we just may have our steed for another 10 years. When sales drop below 100,000 per year, that particular model will soon be phased out. Corvette is unique in that Chevrolet has modified its business model to allow sales numbers between 45,000-65,000 per year to remain viable/profitable.

For me personally, I'd never purchase a Mustang that is 15 inches shorter and 7 inches reduced in width. If those numbers hold true, then better hope that you like the size of the 1974-1978 Mustang II, because that's what it will be. The SN95 was to small for me to feel comfortable in and that's why I sold it and purchased the 1999 new edge model which had just enough increase in interior room to make it liveable. But man, Mustang II-SN95 size again, no thanks!! Nevertheless, I hope enough people can live with the size/weight reduction so sales will soar; I want the Mustang to live on......I'll just have to take care of my 14 GT/CS, which I'm now very thankful to have purchased.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
I'm just glad I got my 2014 when the opportunity arose. Really, nothing wrong with the 2015, Ford has to do something to boost sales or we won't have a Mustang around much longer. The Mustang sales are the lowest in the Ford line up at around 78,000 per year, a number that just isn't profitable for Ford. If Ford, by producing a Mustang "world car," can get sales around 125,000+ average per year then we just may have our steed for another 10 years. When sales drop below 100,000 per year, that particular model will soon be phased out. Corvette is unique in that Chevrolet has modified its business model to allow sales numbers between 45,000-65,000 per year to remain viable/profitable.

For me personally, I'd never purchase a Mustang that is 15 inches shorter and 7 inches reduced in width. If those numbers hold true, then better hope that you like the size of the 1974-1978 Mustang II, because that's what it will be. The SN95 was to small for me to feel comfortable in and that's why I sold it and purchased the 1999 new edge model which had just enough increase in interior room to make it liveable. But man, Mustang II-SN95 size again, no thanks!! Nevertheless, I hope enough people can live with the size/weight reduction so sales will soar; I want the Mustang to live on......I'll just have to take care of my 14 GT/CS, which I'm now very thankful to have purchased.

Jedi D.
Actually its closer to the size of the 64.5

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page