LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Actually its closer to the size of the 64.5

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They should just remake the 64's model with modern equipment. I'd buy that in a second.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Check this out. Ford's American director of design said that the mustang needs to remain uniquely mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAX5Ly2JpRo

Last edited by Colton1211; 10-03-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: video link didn't work
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
They should just remake the 64's model with modern equipment. I'd buy that in a second.
Half of the people here would agree with you. The other half would find a reason to say that it's not a "real" Mustang and proceed to tell you how glad they are they've got an 11-14 and how they'll never get rid of it because its the last of the "real" Mustangs.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
Buy a brand new dynacorn shell and get started lol. Till then there is always the quarter-mil Bass 770!

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
Half of the people here would agree with you. The other half would find a reason to say that it's not a "real" Mustang and proceed to tell you how glad they are they've got an 11-14 and how they'll never get rid of it because its the last of the "real" Mustangs.
Well I currently have a 67 so I hope they don't change the 15 too much because I think this model looks the most original.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Buy a brand new dynacorn shell and get started lol. Till then there is always the quarter-mil Bass 770!

I just found out about that bass 770. Looks so cool. If it weren't ridiculously expensive...

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD08 View Post

HAHA sooo true! In addition to my '11 5.0 I also have a '67 Fastback(both black) and they are remarkably similar while being so different in size. Compare it to any of the other generations and you will see wildly varying styles and design, yet all I hear is bitching about the 2015 when nobody's even seen it yet!

I think the speculation about the 400lbs and 7" width reduction are greatly exaggerated. I'm excited to see the performance enhancements and upgrades in build quality.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

On the other side; the Porsche 911 to name it, hasn't really changed that much in appearance over the years. They did change it a bit and add all the goodies and modern technologies to it but it still has its original look and it's still a hit as of today! In my humble opinion, this is what they should have done with the Mustang. Just my thoughts...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
On the other side; the Porsche 911 to name it, hasn't really changed that much in appearance over the years. They did change it a bit and add all the goodies and modern technologies to it but it still has its original look and it's still a hit as of today! In my humble opinion, this is what they should have done with the Mustang. Just my thoughts...

And how many thousands of people have complained about the 'retro' look as if there were such a thing.
Rookie

I heard from my buddy's dad's friend's boss that lives next to the Ford assembly plant that the '15 is going to be available with a hybrid v8 with 500hp and gets 75mpg. You heard it here first!

2013 V6 Premium A6 - Airaid CAI, Bama 93H Tune, FRPP 3.55 gears, Dynomax Catback
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
I heard from my buddy's dad's friend's boss that lives next to the Ford assembly plant that the '15 is going to be available with a hybrid v8 with 500hp and gets 75mpg. You heard it here first!

Well my brothers sisters aunts pet dog said itl only be sold in pepto bismol pink . Can't wait

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

New spy shots of front end:

A bit disappointed. This is obviously a base, and not a GT, but I was expected something a little more different from the S197 for a brand new platform. This doesn't look all that different really, except for some of the lower bodywork and the headlights that wrap around a bit more.

EDIT: Someone on Mustang6G claiming to have inside knowledge is saying this is an s550/s197 hybrid.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...p?t=867&page=6

Post #101

Quote:
This is both and S550 and S197. S550 front fascia with much earlier prototype front structure fitted to an S197 fender/bodysides. Originally built last summer. Ignore this picture.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Grimace427

Nice edit. I can see Ford testing aero of the new bodywork with the S197 chassis.
PONY Member

Garage
Fusion grill and headlamps, ouch.....glad I got my 2014!! However, the 1999-2004 new edge fans should appreciate the wrap around headlamps, just doesn't do much for me. Is it just me, but the headlamps look too big and kinda out of sync with the front grill area?

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
Fusion grill and headlamps, ouch.....glad I got my 2014!! However, the 1999-2004 new edge fans should appreciate the wrap around headlamps, just doesn't do much for me. Is it just me, but the headlamps look too big and kinda out of sync with the front grill area?

Jedi D.
Looks pretty close to a 14 front end to me!

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page