The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 27 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Grimace427

Read the linked thread, it's an S197 with hacked on body parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Grimace427

Also the photo is about a year old and is in no way a new spy shot.

GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiZ_65 View Post
I was at Galpin last week and none of the sales guys knew anything on the 2015. At least, if they do, they are doing a good job at keeping it under wraps. One guy told me the info will be leaked online before the people at the dealer find out anything.
The guys there don't seem to know anything about anything. Was trying to buy a 14 from there and they tried to screw me over.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.

MACH I Member

Everytime I see another one of these pictures I can't help but think that:

A) It is disappointing that Ford is producing the same basic front end on all of their models now (Escape, Fusion, Fiesta, etc).

B) How similar the leaked spy shots are to the Infiniti q50 front end:

C) How similar the leaked spy shots are to the Mazda 6 front end:

Obviously the full design has not yet been revealed, but I feel like the Mustang will no longer stand out as much as before. Disappointing.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Banned

I have to say that I'm completely perplexed by a lot of the feedback I've seen regarding an as of yet, undisclosed 2015 Mustang. It seems that people are utterly disappointed that they've changed their design direction regardless of the fact that they're catering to a global market now and not just Americans.

People need to get past the idea that it's not going to be a reincarnation of a '67 GT500 Eleanor or a slightly refreshed version of the '13-14 Mustangs. Retro is gone and I welcome it. I've owned 4 Mustangs and I don't think any of it's heritage is lost by adopting a more modern architecture and a much needed facelift.

If the Mustang is to survive on a global platform, they need to evolve or die. If that means it adopts a more modern appearance and improved suspension geometry along with a higher level of tech to keep this pony under control, then I think Ford will have a winner on their hands.
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post

I have to say that I'm completely perplexed by a lot of the feedback I've seen regarding an as of yet, undisclosed 2015 Mustang. It seems that people are utterly disappointed that they've changed their design direction regardless of the fact that they're catering to a global market now and not just Americans.

People need to get past the idea that it's not going to be a reincarnation of a '67 GT500 Eleanor or a slightly refreshed version of the '13-14 Mustangs. Retro is gone and I welcome it. I've owned 4 Mustangs and I don't think any of it's heritage is lost by adopting a more modern architecture and a much needed facelift.

If the Mustang is to survive on a global platform, they need to evolve or die. If that means it adopts a more modern appearance and improved suspension geometry along with a higher level of tech to keep this pony under control, then I think Ford will have a winner on their hands.
The way I see it, the Mustang is an iconic American muscle car. Ford should just make a different car for the global market, like the fusion or focus who do have a long history. And anyways, the globe loves the classic mustang muscle car.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
The way I see it, the Mustang is an iconic American muscle car. Ford should just make a different car for the global market, like the fusion or focus who do have a long history. And anyways, the globe loves the classic mustang muscle car.
Blue, you are right, the Mustang is a great American icon and should always stay true to its roots. However, just like everything else, times change and as this happens, the car needs to evolve. Personally, I am holding judgement until a full reveal is made, but so far, I like what I see.

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
I agree with you 100% the Mustang is an American icon and should stay that way, it has worked for the last 49 years,even though some model years weren't that great.The Mustang had some struggling years, but when the 2005 retro look came out sales went up,I am NOT a fan of the Euro look,Irs,or Eco Boost for me the perfect Mustang was the 1966 GT 350 which I bought brand new,sorry to say I sold it many years ago,but purchased a 2011 GT brand new and love it it is the perfect Mustang to me it is my toy and I plan to keep it forever,so what ever is done for 2015 doesn't make any difference to me it will just be sad if it no longer looks or acts like our American icon.
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I agree with you 100% the Mustang is an American icon and should stay that way, it has worked for the last 49 years,even though some model years weren't that great.The Mustang had some struggling years, but when the 2005 retro look came out sales went up,I am NOT a fan of the Euro look,Irs,or Eco Boost for me the perfect Mustang was the 1966 GT 350 which I bought brand new,sorry to say I sold it many years ago,but purchased a 2011 GT brand new and love it it is the perfect Mustang to me it is my toy and I plan to keep it forever,so what ever is done for 2015 doesn't make any difference to me it will just be sad if it no longer looks or acts like our American icon.
Yup yup, but I guess I'm a bit biased cuz my first and only car so far is a 67 and I don't want the Mustang to change a whole lot.

Rookie

Oh please like the Fox or SN95 weren't heavily influenced by the Asian/European cars of their day. I'm a red blooded American like you guys but u need to brush up on your Mustang history. The Mustang had to fight off heavy doses of European and Asian tastes in cars for many decades. That didn't make them any less American. What it did was make it a survivor that still exists today.
PONY Member

Garage
Yeah, look what happened to that expensive "European" styled SVO.....six feet under in just 3 model years!

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
And I don't like the fox or the sn95 because they don't look very mustang to me but that's just me. I like what they've done with the newest model.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
for me the perfect Mustang was the 1966 GT 350 which I bought brand new,sorry to say I sold it many years ago
Wow, you were one of the very few to have owned one of those true classics and you bought it brand new. I still remember many years ago walking down a street near home when something caught my ear. I turned around and a white with blue stripes GT 350 drove past me. What a sound that early 289 made with tube headers and solid lifters. That was one of those days that made me a fanboy.

Somebody already suggested this but maybe Ford should have set the Mustang aside similar to the Corvette and 911s of the world and just produced a new "world" sports car. Just a thought but I'm sure the accountants would not be in favor.
PONY Member

I hope they make the interior higher quality because the current plastic interior looks like it was made at Fisher Price.

2013 Mustang GT DIB Auto, Roush Axlebacks, Bama Tune and Steeda CAI

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT View Post
I hope they make the interior higher quality because the current plastic interior looks like it was made at Fisher Price.
It still looks and feels better than a Camaro interior!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page