The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 33 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblue67 View Post
It might be just me, but it still annoys me that there making the mustang into the World Car and not one of their other cars, fusion/focus...
Europeans love Mustangs. They're the most popular classic car in Europe.

There's NO downside to making the Mustang into a legit sports car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Not bad. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.. but they took a lot of the soft bubbly out of the 2013-14 front grill and added a little mean... while following the lines of the car. Bet that would look sexy in black with a staggered wheel setup.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
GT Member

All I seen here was a bunch of crap a girl might want on a car... WHERE IS THE STUFF THAT BEATS THE 2014 Z/28?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.

BOSS Member

Garage
You guys do know that the C&D pics are BS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2zfsfpe.jpg
Views:	2172
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	281073  

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Europeans love Mustangs. They're the most popular classic car in Europe.

There's NO downside to making the Mustang into a legit sports car

Besides it not being a sports car. I guess I'm just looking for it to look more like my 67. Not going to happen I suppose.

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Besides it not being a sports car. I guess I'm just looking for it to look more like my 67. Not going to happen I suppose.
How is it not like a sports car? We've had 9 years or retro. Time for something new. Manufacturers will never be able to design cars like they did in the 60s. Too many regulations.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:

Ford says that retro is not in our future.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice

IF this is it....or similar.. I am OK with it. Doesn't look bad and it can't stay the same forever and it is about time for an update. I plan on keeping both my 67 and the wife's 13

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
How is it not like a sports car?
A mustang is not a sports car. It is not a muscle car. It is a pony car. Long hood with a short rear deck. Camaro, Mustangs and Challengers fall into this category.

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Ford says that retro is not in our future.
I think it looks pretty retro

PONY Member

I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but wouldn't the heat extractor vents be much more effective further back on the hood (like they are on the '13)?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but wouldn't the heat extractor vents be much more effective further back on the hood (like they are on the '13)?
I had that exact same thought when I saw those Car & Driver renders. It would seem to me that the best position for them would be at the highest point on the hood, since heat rises... though really anywhere at all on the hood would be better than no vents at all.

I sure do love sitting behind the wheel of my 2014 GT and watching the heat rising out of those vents. They do appear to do their job well!

2014 Mustang GT Premium
5.0L V8, 6-speed manual, 3.73 axle
Mods listed in profile.
Ordered 2 June 2013 | Delivered 15 August 2013.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Lol 4.9L V8 and a 3.8L V6?

Sounds legit
Surveys often intentionally tweak data and info.

The survey that got leaked changed each of the three engines' displacements by 0.1 to throw people off. They want to solicit potential buyer opinions without making it obvious to an average joe what product they're talking about.

The goal was to get people's opinions on the combo of output and MPG.

300/290 and 19/29 for the V6 cyclone, 310/310 and 22/32 for the 2.3 EB turbo, and 430/396 and 18/28 for the Coyote.

Personally 310hp and 310 lb-ft for the Ecoboost turbo 4 looks pretty attractive when you factor in the IRS, cheaper price and insurance compared to the V8, and a lighter weight.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

That C&D article is a huge load of BS. Especially the little blurb in one of the pictures that says "Someone's gonna get fired over this". Very tacky. Pretty much every powertrain and design rumor floating around the internet condensed into one article and passed off as insider info.

If people want a better indication of the car's look, they should check out the guy over at Mustang6G who's been doing a series of models based on the actual CAD designs.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Just think in a couple of months we can put all of this behind us,some will love the NEW Mustang and some will hate it,till then it is anybodys guess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page