The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 35 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I love the new 2015 and can't wait to see the real thing. 'Merrrca!!!

Me: 2014 GT Track Pack
Wife: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E GT View Post
I might as well chime in on the 2015 Mustang. Based on the renderings I have seen, I don't like it. As an old school American, I have little use for a Eurasian-Stang. I like my 2011 GT and plan to keep it. I don't like to see the Mustang as a 2 door Fusion nor a car the size of a Mustang II, of which I drove and owned back in the day. Since Ford has decided that is the way they are going, so be it. Having said that, I fully understand what Ford is doing. The fact is, we Americans have not bought enough of these cars recently to justify the continuation of an American only sports car. They must expand their buyer base if the car is to survive now. I agree with their decision to make it a world car, as much as that goes against my redneck heritage. Business is business. I hope my future grandkids get to see the latest Mustang years from now and appreciate it like I have the past models since childhood.
I'm very much looking forward to it. I know what you're talking about with the Euro-look, but at least from the latest pictures, it's more conservative and the car still maintains the Mustang lines overall.

What I'm excited about are the adoption of an independent rear suspension - it may be sacrilege but it will make for a smoother ride, and that's really what my buyers are going to be looking for there. Also, if this car can succeed in China, Europe, and Australia, that means we're going to have more dollars invested in it than Chevy and Dodge will do with the Camaro and Challenger - which will hopefully drive them to irrelevance eventually.

Once can only hope. I love the pony car, and I love the Mustang.

Owned a 1995 Mustang in Bright Blue (V6 5-speed) and miss it greatly. Current stable:
*2013 Ford Focus
*2002 Ford Thunderbird
*1971 Ford F-100 - 3spd on tree w/ 240 cu I6
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Car models have to evolve, or become irrelevant. What worked 50 years ago, or even ten, won't work with today's buyers. The most successful brands realize this.

Guys who lament passing of the solid live axle had a lot of company with guys that lamented the passing of points and condenser, then the carburetor, then the distributor. These guys swore off electronic engine controls and throttle by wire.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels

GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Car models have to evolve, or become irrelevant. What worked 50 years ago, or even ten, won't work with today's buyers. The most successful brands realize this.

Guys who lament passing of the solid live axle had a lot of company with guys that lamented the passing of points and condenser, then the carburetor, then the distributor. These guys swore off electronic engine controls and throttle by wire.
100% agree. If the new stang wasnt a world car it wouldn't surprise me if it would go out of production. It needs to adapt to the new car marketplace.

As long as the V8 is an option I'll be happy. Even if it was a turbo 6 I wouldn't mind. As long as it has good torque I don't care how it gets it. Id be very surprised if the gt comes with a V8 after this next generation.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
GT Member

Looks like we find out the 5th of Dec.
Ford exec on 2015 Mustang: 'You'll be really impressed' | MLive.com

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I feel the same way,I think Ford made a HUGE mistake in there Euro IRS design,but I have a 2011 GT and I am still thrilled with everything about that Mustang so what ever Ford does for 2015 doesn't really bother me I don"t even have any plans to go to a dealership and see one.
I'm not sure I care much for the "look" of what is coming in 2015 but I'll reserve judgement for when I actually get to see one in person.

But the IRS? That's the one piece of the puzzle that looks REALLY GOOD to me.

I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would want to see the car maintain it's live axle set up.

For proof? This video pretty much tells the story. This is DEEPLY DISCOURAGING if you are a Mustang fan. Pretty much closes the door on any argument that suggests IRS in the new Mustang is some sort of ill advised idea.

Ford's BEST track car makes a HORRIBLE one on one showing vs Chevy's best Camaro........4 seconds is an eternity on the track and it suggests that in real world situations the IRS tuned suspension just has HUGE advantage vs the straight axle set up in the current Mustang.

It's time! Not sure how I'm gonna feel about the styling of the next Mustang vs my 2014........but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wish my car had the IRS a 2015 will have.

http://youtu.be/tv8I-gqc6sc#aid=P-AmQIOEG0I

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
PONY Member

I see no reason for why we shouldn't be looking at this view from a Mustang windshield soon!

Bring on the IRS!!

Put in Perspective?

" Z/28 with an impressive lap time of 7:37.47, that puts the Camaro ahead of the published times for the Porsche 911, Carrera S, and the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640."

In this new Century.......The American Pony cars are no longer just competing against each other at the drag strip........they now can be expected to take on the world's best road cars......and in true American Pony car fashion they should be able to argue that they are "best" even when they do come up a tad short because they will deliver performance at prices that make the few Euro cars that can compete look STUPID EXPENSIVE.

Nurburgring Lap Times: 2014 Camaro Z/28 Tops Published Times | Chevrolet - YouTube

PONY Member

This is interesting too........ as much time as I've spent looking at Mustangs recently I missed this.......I didn't even realize Chevrolet had this whole factory race car thing happening.

Either way though between track cars, drag cars, 680HP Shelbys or just good old fashion bargain priced Mustang GT and Camaro SS .....If you have a FAT CHECK BOOK or not......it's a good time to be alive for any Ford or Chevy fan!

2012 COPO Camaro: GM's Baddest Factory Camaro Ever! - HOT ROD Unlimited Episode 6 - YouTube

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

New one? We'll know for sure in a couple of days now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New 2015?.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	289746  

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Mustang6 and Auto week have the pictures of the NEW 2015 Mustang INSIDE& OUTSIDE complete story,JUST RELEASED.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
I like it, especially from the back.

Mark your calendars!! Dec 5th the new Mustang will be unveiled! - Page 2 - SVTPerformance

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
GT Member
Classic Member

Garage
Are those renderings or real pics?

1967 Sport Sprint 200, 3 speed standard, Midnight Blue, June 7. No A/C, manual steering and drum brakes. Added dual exhaust and front disc brakes.
Apprentice

Garage
That's supposed to be the real deal.

Arrest Me Red 2011 GT Premium
Six-pot Brembo upgrade; GT500 rear brake upgrade; Whiteline adjustable front and rear sway bars; Whiteline adjustable panhard bar; BMR rear LCAs and relocation brackets; Eibach Pro springs; Koni STR.T struts and shocks; Eibach cam bolts; Legato axle-backs; Forgestar Matte Black CF5s - 19x9/19x11; Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
PONY Member

Well I'll be giving my dealer a deposit very soon. Hope to be driving one in April.

2012 Mustang GT Brembo, 3.73, all weather mats, rear parking sensor, Gibson Stainless Axlebacks. 300a. Rousch takeoff leather interior, Boss 302 steering wheel. Mustang Club of MD.
GT Member
5.0L Member

As usual the rear end seems odd to me. Im sure I'll warm up to it though. I can't wait for tomorrow!

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page