The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I LIKE that the best of any I have seen, if Ford did that for 2015 two thumbs up.
PS.Leave the Eco Boost and Irs off of the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

As I said in another post. Unless things have changed radically. Ford & every other mfg. know what their models are going to look like for the most part about 5 years before being released .

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Apprentice

I love this rendering:

New 2015 Ford Mustang Details, Renderings Surface

Ordered 9/13/11 / Delivered 10/24/11: 2012 AT V6 premium convertible, Grabber Blue, Comfort Package, remote starter, rear camera
My other car: 2003 Toyota Prius, 100K miles

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldder View Post
too bland for me ie: no lines whatsoever.

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim2013 View Post
So the second photo is one where I personally took out almost all of the chrome. Even in the headlight and wheels. So the second is not so much a "guess" as it is a "hope".
Hmm, it's Evo'ish but probably the best render I've seen of that concept. I agree that replacing chrome with dark accents looks much better. This render could be the missing link. Not retro, not Euro but a new Mustang. Still don't know how they're going to fit that fat 5.0 under the hood.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I LIKE that the best of any I have seen, if Ford did that for 2015 two thumbs up.
PS.Leave the Eco Boost and Irs off of the car.
Why would you want a car in the year 2014 to not have an independent rear suspension? Makes zero sense for Ford to not put an IRS on the redesign, unless they like continuing to lose sales to Chevy and Dodge, which I doubt.

It's time to move into the 21st century.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
Why would you want a car in the year 2014 to not have an independent rear suspension? Makes zero sense for Ford to not put an IRS on the redesign, unless they like continuing to lose sales to Chevy and Dodge, which I doubt.

It's time to move into the 21st century.
Take a look at the latest sales figures for the above 3,Mustang is the leader,I am not a fan of IRS,Eco Boost or the EURO look,but then again I really don"t care what Ford does to the Mustang in 2015, I have my idea of Mustang and I am happy with it,but it is interesting to watch.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
Why would you want a car in the year 2014 to not have an independent rear suspension?

Cost. Plain and simple. If my memory serves me correctly (it might not), auto analysts estimated the IRS will increase vehicle price by $2,000 across the board. Sure, they can cut costs elsewhere, but the solid rear axle is inexpensive.

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Take a look at the latest sales figures for the above 3,Mustang is the leader,I am not a fan of IRS,Eco Boost or the EURO look,but then again I really don"t care what Ford does to the Mustang in 2015, I have my idea of Mustang and I am happy with it,but it is interesting to watch.
Well I never specifically said those cars were massively outselling the Mustang; my point was that Ford is losing out on more potential customers by not including a modern suspension in their car, which in most other categories is the superior package overall.

And the Mustang has outpaced the Camaro in recent months, but that hasn't been the case long term since the new Camaro was introduced. It outsold the Mustang by large margins in 2010 and 2011, and by a slim margin in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim2013 View Post
Cost. Plain and simple. If my memory serves me correctly (it might not), auto analysts estimated the IRS will increase vehicle price by $2,000 across the board. Sure, they can cut costs elsewhere, but the solid rear axle is inexpensive.
In this modern climate of cheap credit and financing, where new car rates are anywhere between 0 and 6.9% at the highest (depending on term), an extra 2K is more than worth the improvement an IRS would provide in the driving experience. At least to me. 2,000 is not really a lot when you're talking about financing a car at these low interest rates.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
BOSS Member

I seem to remember the cost difference being $200, not $2, 000.
PONY Member

You're probably right. I just tried to dig up the article I had read (it was sometime in late 2012), but all I could find were speculations. I did, however, find multiple sources that said the IRS was going to increase cost (for Ford) by $100 per car when they considered it years ago, so $200 increase for the customer seems reasonable. Maybe it would be a little higher, but probably not $2,000.

The only thing that might make that $200 significantly higher is the fact that the power increases we've seen in all of the engines might require sturdier parts throughout the drivetrain/suspension to account for the loss of the SRA. But again, this is all speculation. I'm not an automotive engineer (or any engineer for that matter), so I have no idea what's required to put 500+ HP down to the ground safely and reliably.

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Just another random render

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
Rookie

I really dont want a european style Mustang. All of the renderings that I have seen just look like 2-door Fusions. This is an American Muscle car. If it does turn out to be a euro box, i'll just buy a closeout 2014 model instead.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
This was Car & Driver's "current data" from 8 months ago.
2015 Ford Mustang Rendered, Detailed Future Cars Car and Driver

Since then, there have been some camera pictures of test mules with independent rear suspension and 2013 skins glued on. Not too much else in the past few months.
Lord, I hope it looks NOTHING like that. I prefer how they look now.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
I for one want IRS. Better handling, better ride, etc. Only hard core drag racers will miss the live axle at all...
It takes away from what it really is. The Mustang is a "muscle car" if you put IRS in it, it will cease to be what it is. It'll just be another random sports car on the road. If you want handling, buy a Subaru STI, wonderful cars that handle well. But if they do go to a IRS I'll be looking at other cars then. I love my Mustang and really want another one, but if Ford strays too far away I won't buy another one. This includes the IRS or the "EURO" look that I have seen. It's sooooo UGLY. They need to keep the same body style as the 2014s, they are beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page