The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post
It takes away from what it really is. The Mustang is a "muscle car" if you put IRS in it, it will cease to be what it is. It'll just be another random sports car on the road. If you want handling, buy a Subaru STI, wonderful cars that handle well. But if they do go to a IRS I'll be looking at other cars then. I love my Mustang and really want another one, but if Ford strays too far away I won't buy another one. This includes the IRS or the "EURO" look that I have seen. It's sooooo UGLY. They need to keep the same body style as the 2014s, they are beautiful.
+ ONE on all of the above but you forgot to add one more thing,the Eco Boost thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

2015 Mustang 4-door option

So I asked the dealership that sponsors our car club here in Omaha if they could confirm the turbo V4 rumor, which they did. They also told us that there is going to be an option of ordering the Mustang as the traditional 2-door or a new 4-door version. I thought it was a joke, but they were dead serious. I suppose they are trying to compete with the Charger, but I felt like bashing my head against the wall.

Has anyone else been hearing this rumor?

And totally separate, I attached a couple pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fotor0804202957.jpg
Views:	5332
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	252545   Click image for larger version

Name:	21452_10151728765434500_396329932_n.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	252553  

2013 GHIG Mustang GT Premium (Delivered 10/9/12)
Airaid Race CAI, Boss IM, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Kooks catted Boss H-pipe, Boss QTP exhaust cutouts, Borla S-type axle back, AED E85 tune, Steeda upper/lower control arms, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Ford Racing sway bars, Eibach lowering springs, Ford Racing adjustable shocks & struts, DSS one-piece aluminum driveshaft, FR 4.10 gears, 18"x9"/10" AMR wheels, Nitto NT05R 305 drag radials, Cervini's hood, Roush grilles, California Special fog lights
Grimace427

Nice try.

2014 Ford Mustang Sedan Photos – First Look at New Mustang Sedan – RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track

Also there is no turbo V4, the EcoBoost engine is an inline-4.

Additionally, dealerships are the last place to get the latest info on new models. I get more info on new Mercedes models online than through the dealership I work at.

Apprentice

Maybe it's not true, beats me. I remember seeing that April Fool's picture a while back.

Hopefully we'll start getting more concrete details as the 50th anniversary gets closer.

Airaid Race CAI, Boss IM, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Kooks catted Boss H-pipe, Boss QTP exhaust cutouts, Borla S-type axle back, AED E85 tune, Steeda upper/lower control arms, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Ford Racing sway bars, Eibach lowering springs, Ford Racing adjustable shocks & struts, DSS one-piece aluminum driveshaft, FR 4.10 gears, 18"x9"/10" AMR wheels, Nitto NT05R 305 drag radials, Cervini's hood, Roush grilles, California Special fog lights
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

When I talk to people at the dealerships about Mustangs, I'm surprised at how little they know. When I brought my car in, one of the car dealers thought my car had a 4.7L in it.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I don't see why the Mustang would need to compete with the Charger when it already competes with the Camaro and Challenger. I've never thought of a Mustang as a family car like I would with a Charger, nor have I ever thought of it as a 4-door option.

Off-topic, but I love your GHIG!

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
Apprentice

Yea, I'm really hoping she just got some bad info. Ford is already making big changes with the suspension and the Ecoboost engine, so I would hope they'd let customers grow accustomed to that before even considering adding two more doors.

BTW, thanks for the compliment!

BOSS Member

Quote:
The Mustang is a "muscle car" if you put IRS in it, it will cease to be what it is.
Right, look what a joke those 2003-2004 Cobras were with their Terminator motors and IRS. Nobody has any respect for them at all.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
It takes away from what it really is. The Mustang is a "muscle car" if you put IRS in it, it will cease to be what it is. It'll just be another random sports car on the road. If you want handling, buy a Subaru STI, wonderful cars that handle well. But if they do go to a IRS I'll be looking at other cars then. I love my Mustang and really want another one, but if Ford strays too far away I won't buy another one. This includes the IRS or the "EURO" look that I have seen. It's sooooo UGLY. They need to keep the same body style as the 2014s, they are beautiful.
I think you're misinterpreting the definition of a "sports car". Even with an IRS, the Mustang will not be mistaken for a sports car any more than a Camaro or Challenger would be. Traditional sports cars are about light weight and excellent aerodynamics, and are traditionally two seat vehicles, not 2+2.

While the new Mustang may be lighter and more aerodynamic, it's probably not going to be THAT much lighter than the current generation. Definitely not close to being considered a sports car.

Muscle cars are about raw performance, and I don't see that aspect of the Mustang changing at all. It will still have a big V8 with massive torque in GT form, and a reasonably powerful base V6.

What about a live rear axle appeals to you? I'm just curious. You can't say it's for the track, because it's really only an advantage on a dragstrip and a disadvantage on a road course or racetrack. The new GT500 barely beat out the ZL1 at Laguna in MT's test despite a significant advantage in horsepower and a lighter weight. If it had an IRS, it would have been a complete blowout.

And on regular roads, there's no comparison in terms of driveability and composure.

As long as the styling is good and it still has a "Mustang feel" there is absolutely no reason not to make the mechanical elements like the suspension a little more sophisticated for road use, which is where 99% of people will be using it on a daily basis.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
BOSS Member

Garage
..............deleted..............
Rookie

At least the rendering still looks like a Mustang. But, one of the more bland, vanilla renderings from Car & Driver looked similar to a 2004 Pontiac GTO. The bottom line is, you just can't please everyone. We have 3 GTOs in our parking lot at work. The older guys always say the same thing. "I don't want a muscle car that looks like a Honda Accord coupe". But, the younger guys tend to like the GTOs owned by our co-workers. I get so many compliments on my Performance White 2012 V6 Premium, with silver Le Mans stripes. Yet, everyone says the Mustang is dated and sales are slumping. Here's The problem with Ford trying desperately to please the masses. Take away the deeply scalloped sides, the side scoops and the sculpted quarter windows and this car looks dangerously similar to a Honda Accord. http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2013...llpaper_04.htm
PONY Member

When the next-gen Mustang is finally unveiled, there will be those who will say it looks like a (fill in the blank). I for one would not mind one iota if it looks like a Jag, Aston or almost anything from Italy. IMO, Euro designed cars and technology are the best in the world. Just look at the Audi S5, BMW 335i, Jag F-Type, Porsche Cayman and then take a long look at the current Mustang. Sorry retro fans but the look is dated and dead.

With regard to technology, test drive the new Porsche Cayman with PDK and imagine what that trannie mated to a 5.0 would do for your 1/4 mile or track times.

It probably won't happen but I'd love to see the new Mustang go small around 3200 lbs with a ~375 HP N/A DI 6 with IRS. This would give us the same power to weight ratio as the current 5.0 and probably better mileage to boot.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I don"t think there will be ENOUGH space in that blank for me to fill in,the bottom line for me is the MUSTANG is an American icon and should be kept that way,if I wanted a Euro box I would buy one,but I happen to LIKE American designed cars,and think the Mustang should be kept as such.
PONY Member

This render is gorgeous! The best one Ive seen, THIS IS INDEED A MUSTANG... I hope the real one looks like this one. I know its a Taurus front end, but it goes very well with the more aggressive grille and tough looks.

Whoever made the render... congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
Just another random render

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Prototype with Ecoboost 4 cylinder?

2015 mustang turbo 4? - YouTube

Somebody posted this vid on 8/1. Definitely can hear what sounds like turbo hiss and a more muted exhaust note.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
PONY Member

Edmunds: '15 will be 400 lbs lighter!

According to recent Edmunds article, '15 Mustang will come in a whopping 400 lbs lighter.

Just the Facts:
  • The redesigned 2015 Ford Mustang will be slightly smaller and several hundred pounds lighter when the car goes on sale next year, Edmunds has learned.
  • The Mustang will shed around 400 pounds in a quest to improve fuel economy, said a source familiar with the Mustang program.
  • The dimensions of the 2015 Mustang will be reduced and the car will use lighter-weight materials as well.
2015 Ford Mustang Goes on a Diet | Edmunds.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page