The official 2015 Mustang speculation thread. - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Wow! If that's with the 5.0 that's VERY impressive considering that would make the mustang lighter than a lot of the turbo hatchbacks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Race Red GT
6 Speed
Flowmaster outlaw axle back
Everything else stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
About damn time.....

Tired of 4K plus Mustangs, that need 100 more HP over a fox to go just as fast.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)
PONY Member

Garage
Interesting, so that will put them right about at New Edge weight. Curious to see how big it will actually be. Hopefully they can still do something with the Taurus front end if that's actually what it's going to look like. It's not bad, but could use some tweeking in that form at least.

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc

PONY Member

Wow, 400 lbs lighter? That's pretty significant. The power to weight ratio is moving in the right direction!!

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
Apprentice

If the 2015 is greatly improved over my 13' in weight to power and overall I will be disappointed at my self for not waiting..but if it comes out very euro styled and not so great I will be very happy that I have a 2013 !

2013 3.7 mustang auto.
Mods: magnaflow catback- 20% tint- roush upper grille- AM billet lower grill- gt500 rear spoiler-jlt oil seperator- boss 302 strut tower brace- SVE drift wheels 19x9.5 on nitto nt555 275/35/19- 3.73's- ebay paddle shifters
》MPT tuned 93race《
Apprentice

Do you like your Mustang? Then you're happy with it.....there'll be plenty of chances in the future to get the new and improved version. Enjoy your '13, it's a great car....heck, I'm happy to be stuck in 2005.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281racered3.7 View Post
If the 2015 is greatly improved over my 13' in weight to power and overall I will be disappointed at my self for not waiting..but if it comes out very euro styled and not so great I will be very happy that I have a 2013 !
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

400 lbs. is a lot and I honestly do not see that happening. That is way too optimistic.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
GT Member

Latest news on the 2015 Mustang!!!

According to Ford inside sources reporting to Edmunds.com, The 2015 Mustang is set to loose at least 400lbs off the current body weight, but that’s not all.

A 400LBS Lighter, 15 Inch Shorter 2015 Mustang

Up until now, we have only been able to speculate about the next generation S550 Mustang being a smaller, more nimble vehicle. Now we have some solid evidence to support the findings. In addition to dropping 400 pounds in curb weight, the same inside source is also reporting a smaller in length 2015 Mustang–slicing off ~15 inches from the total size. This will undoubtedly have a positive impact on the 6th generation Mustang’s gas mileage and MPG. How much it will impact fuel efficiency, is still a mystery.

How this will play out with regards to interior space is yet to be seen, but given the tight constraints of the current Mustang’s back seats, one would wonder how much more room there is to loose from the interior compartment. For those of us who keep the rear seat belts buckled year-round, the prospect of loosing a little more real estate isn’t much of a concern, especially if that means dropping 400lbs.

2015 Mustang Dimensions vs The 2014 Mustang
Width: The 2015 is said to have a “10%” (~6.5 inches) shorter in width compared to the 2014 Mustang.

2014 Mustang: 73.9 inches wide — 2015 Mustang: 67.4 inches wide

Length: The 2015: 8% (~15 inches) shorter.

2014 Mustang: 188.5 inches in length and rides on a 107.1-inch wheelbase — 2015 Mustang: 173.5 inches in overall length

Weight: 2015 is set to loose ~400lbs curb weight.

2014 Mustang: 3,617.8lbs curb weight (V8 GT with Auto transmission) — 2015 Mustang GT: 3,217lbs curb weight

Pairing Less Weight With the EcoBoost 4-Cylinder Mustang
The drop in curb weight was brought on by two developments on the automotive world–Ford’s need for a more fuel-efficient fleet of vehicles and Europe’s tight vehicle sizing constraints. Given that we’ve heard reports and we have a video of the 2015 Mustang with a turbo’d 4 cylinder under the hood, its only natural to speculate how this new “SVO” will perform.

If the Edmunds report is true and the new Mustang sheds 400lbs of weight–not including the motor–the turbo 4-cylinder would have a curb weight of around 3,000lbs and be pushing somewhere around 300-350 horsepower. Comparatively, the last 4-cylinder turbo’d Mustangs–the 1986 SVO–came in at a curb weight of 3,049lbs and had a power output of 200 hp (149 kW) @ 5000 rpm 240 lbft (330 Nm) @ 3200 rpm. Throw in the addition of an IRS and shorter overall length, you have one completely overhauled pony car. Look out, there might be one formidable 4-banger with Mustang logos blowing the doors off older v8s when the 2015 model year Mustangs start rolling out.

The Coyote V8 Will Return in 2015
It’s not all a loss for the die-hard V8 crowd–in addition to a turbo 4-cylinder, the 2015 Mustang will also be produced with the current Coyote motor, possibly with a bump in power to between 450-475HP. A 2015 prototype videotaped doing test runs around the Dearborn, MI area had a V8 and sounded as good as ever, producing the low, muscle car growl we’ve come to expect from the beloved Mustang. The current V6 is set to return as the base model Mustang. The turbo 4 would be the middle ground while the V8 GTs would still be the premium model.

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
PONY Member
S197 Member

What's the source of that picture? It's better than some of the earlier renderings but still doesn't do it for me. It looks fat and squat.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
GT Member

Don't know the picture source but it looks hot to me. Imagine a 3200lb car with a 475 hp coyote, that's corvette z06 range...

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
Imagine a 3200lb car with a 475 hp coyote, ...

I don't think they are taking 400lbs off the current 5.0 chassis and keeping it a 5.0. I think they are comparing the weight of a base 4-cylinder to a loaded 5.0, possibly even a convertible. The current weight difference between the base V6 coupe and the V8 convertible is over 400lbs, and that isn't even taking the Shelby into account.

Don't be misled by this rumor, it is still the same old speculation being thrown around from two years ago. I am seriously doubting the 15" drop in length, that would put a big crunch on interior and trunk space.
Banned

*Speculatesturbates*
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
What's the source of that picture?
It's the web address both behind and in front of the car. lol

2011 V6 Base Grabber Blue GBMR #082
DG Custom Side Mirrors, Tri-bar Fender Emblems, MCA Grille, Magnaflow Street Axleback, Strut Tower Brace, AM GT500 Wheels, Bama Tuned 93Race
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Just bad Photoshop...if anything it should have some negative camber, that's positive.
Like this? fifteen characters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	daihatsu-move-negative-camber.jpg
Views:	12554
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	257066  

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Rookie

Over at mustang6G, the admin said they are going to reveal the nose of the 15 tomorrow and it wont be blocked by camou..... tease from Ford? I hope it's something bettr than that and some spy photographer caught a nice shot of it naked.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 , doors , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page