Possible 2015 engine specs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Possible 2015 engine specs

I own a 2012 Mustang GT. Great car.. love it. I'm interested in the 2015 for the new look and weight savings. Anywhoo.. I received a marketing survey in the mail about my car and I decided to take it. The questions all seemed to want to know what I'd want in the next mustang.. how much I'd pay for each feature.. and how likely I would buy other brands at different prices. I think this is a sneak peak of the engines that will be offered in 2015.

LED Lights, heads up displays, paddle shifters, and a 10 speed auto transmission were also listed to see if I was interested in those options. Yes.. 10 speed auto.

I'm digging on the turbo with GTDI perf package! I'm at a mile high so turbos really rock.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015Mustang.PNG
Views:	699
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	279681  

2012 Black GT. Manual with no options. Mods: FRPP Tune, JLT Oil Separator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
BOSS Member

Garage
In terms of engine options they seem right about on par with what's realistic. A few people like to speculate that the next car will have anywhere from 450 to 475 hp but it's unrealistic. 430 hp is a good number.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
Banned
4.6L Member

too bad they don't ask "what don't you want?"...I mean c'mon do I have to have 33 airbags and a lighted cupholder? No sync, no skip shift, no more weak suspension parts...I just think they should offer a more stripped "tuner" edt...lower price, lower weight...they did it before it was the GTs

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
too bad they don't ask "what don't you want?"...I mean c'mon do I have to have 33 airbags and a lighted cupholder? No sync, no skip shift, no more weak suspension parts...I just think they should offer a more stripped "tuner" edt...lower price, lower weight...they did it before it was the GTs
Heck yeah a no option car would be cool. But I'm not sure if they can do that anymore. Just not too many people wanting a stripper model.

Still interesting mention of the 4 banger turbo.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
I dont think a stripped out "LX" model would sell many units.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
Heck yeah a no option car would be cool. But I'm not sure if they can do that anymore. Just not too many people wanting a stripper model.

Still interesting mention of the 4 banger turbo.
well the problem they have with all these new "innovations" is the cost! What will a new GT price at? 40? I mean please, the car is completely out of price range for the average to even above average Joe....I still think the C6 vette has the best all around setup...a great small block, simple 6 spd, huge brakes and IRS...I'm just not sure I can be "that guy"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
well the problem they have with all these new "innovations" is the cost! What will a new GT price at? 40? I mean please, the car is completely out of price range for the average to even above average Joe....I still think the C6 vette has the best all around setup...a great small block, simple 6 spd, huge brakes and IRS...I'm just not sure I can be "that guy"
The base GT wont be 40k. Id put money on 32-33k.

The C6 was over 40k when new. Of course its going to have better equipment. Its a shame you need to go through a mid life crisis first to own one.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
I hear ya man. Which is why I bought my base model used. Yes those C6 vettes are nice. My cousin has one and its a blast to drive. But even if I could afford it I wouldn't buy one. I'm a Mustang guy all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
The base GT wont be 40k. Id put money on 32-33k
Probably about right. Maybe 35k at the most.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013
Apprentice

With the weight savings, I'd be happy with a 300hp V6. It should be about as fast as my 2006 GT but with much better gas mileage.
Rookie

Why does it say 4.9L V8 instead of 5.0L? And where is the V6 option?
MACH I Member

Garage
A stripped car would sell badly. Would have to say you can order one somewhat stripped, but things like airbargs are mandatory now.

I'm going through my midlife crisis building my 1988 and while there are far better choices, my budget was under $5K so to do anything else whould have been even more underwhelming. If you need a stripper, pick up an old fox and build it the way you want. For $40K I could easily build a Fox that can beat any new domestic out there in all forms of auto racing.

1988 Mustang LX coupe will miss you greatly
traded for:
2004 Mazda 6s 5 door Sport w/5spd/3.0/RX8wheels/Kon/Eibach/and then some

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNDAN5oh View Post
Why does it say 4.9L V8 instead of 5.0L? And where is the V6 option?
The survey intentionally adjusted the displacement of the engine options to throw people off. Survey companies do that all the time. They want the survey taker to give an unbiased opinion (and so does the manufacturer who hired them), so they manipulate things a little bit.

Stating directly that it's a Ford Mustang or making it easy to figure out by posting the exact specifications would lead to some of the people in the random sample giving potentially biased opinions.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page