2015 mustang pictures released - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

The car and driver 360 does not match the spy pictures. Look at the side profile view and look at everything from the rear wheels back. It's way too long compared to what has been shown in the spy pictures. Anyways, I was originally going to wait until the 2015 engines were unveiled before I made a decision, but it looks like I may order a 14 GT before the order banks close...

If the 2016/17 has a 500 HP N/A GT for relatively the same price (~35K), I'm game. Otherwise, I'm not sold on this new look at all. Sigh. I really hope this is just a guess.

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I think everyone is critical of change, me included. Right now I say I will stick with my 2012 til the end of time but as we creep into 2018 or so, most will be ecstatic to trade theirs in. The design is starting to grow on me even if it isn't the official car.

MACH I Member

Garage
THe real issue is that they are hacking up the design to sell it in Europe, and if it is indeed similar in dimensions and only 200lbs lighter it will never sell over there in significant numbers and we'll be stuck with a Europeanized Mustang.

I see nothing but fail here, and not because of the looks. They would have been better off going back to the Fox platform for a smaller outside dimension.

1988 Mustang LX coupe will miss you greatly
traded for:
2004 Mazda 6s 5 door Sport w/5spd/3.0/RX8wheels/Kon/Eibach/and then some

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
THe real issue is that they are hacking up the design to sell it in Europe, and if it is indeed similar in dimensions and only 200lbs lighter it will never sell over there in significant numbers and we'll be stuck with a Europeanized Mustang.

I see nothing but fail here, and not because of the looks. They would have been better off going back to the Fox platform for a smaller outside dimension.
Everything you said is correct and almost similiar to what I think, except the one thing though... to go back to fox body. In my oppinion Ford should have considered the 99-04 body! My biggest wish woukd have been Ford would just revival the old 99-04 design at best the 03-04 body!
Eventhough Im lucky to own a 2013 model and am aware of this and really happy about...there is still something about these 2003-04 cobras that gives me a thrill, over all cars on the market.
Considering me as a real due hard stangenthusiast, if Ford had did an 03-04 cobra revival the sales wold have went ballistic! Everyone would have wanted the mystic cobra!
Honestly no electric gadgets, the way they came equipped in 03...brand new in 2015 and I wouldnt thought twice about it if or how to get this baby home! :-)
My dream....aaaaah...
BOSS Member

While there are many nice styling cues, it is an unfinished design in just about every way....the interior- dash/console....the lack of visual quality materials leaves it looking just like a piece of plastic crap....similar to the camero...something that 90% of everyone including camero owners agree....
Clearly disappointing that Ford would let something so promising with so much potential go out the door like that...........

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
PONY Member

Don't know how I feel about it, have to see the interior.
As far as which model looks better, I'd have to say Ford did a good job in making sure this car looks just as mean and bad ass as the 10-12/13-14 models!

Might be selling my 03 GT sooner than I thought.
We'll see though.

2001 Mustang V6 4-speed Automatic: Sold
2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed Manual: Current
Appearance Modifications: None Yet
Performance Modifications: None Yet
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsix View Post
Everything you said is correct and almost similiar to what I think, except the one thing though... to go back to fox body. In my oppinion Ford should have considered the 99-04 body! My biggest wish woukd have been Ford would just revival the old 99-04 design at best the 03-04 body!
Eventhough Im lucky to own a 2013 model and am aware of this and really happy about...there is still something about these 2003-04 cobras that gives me a thrill, over all cars on the market.
Considering me as a real due hard stangenthusiast, if Ford had did an 03-04 cobra revival the sales wold have went ballistic! Everyone would have wanted the mystic cobra!
Honestly no electric gadgets, the way they came equipped in 03...brand new in 2015 and I wouldnt thought twice about it if or how to get this baby home! :-)
My dream....aaaaah...
Oh yeah, imagine a modernized and redesigned 03-04 Cobra?
Awesome looking cars!

2001 Mustang V6 4-speed Automatic: Sold
2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed Manual: Current
Appearance Modifications: None Yet
Performance Modifications: None Yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page