2015 Mustang - 11/12/13 Latest Renderings - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2015 Mustang - 11/12/13 Latest Renderings

I was torn between getting a new 2014 GT or waiting for the 2015. The more I see of the 2015, the more I think I made the right decision. I know what is out there at the moment are not actual pics of the 2015, but renderings. However, it seems sources from Ford are saying these renderings are about 95% accurate. So I suspect this will be the car you see when the 2015s come out:

I'm just not loving it. Starting to blend in with lots of other cars out there. Really don't like the lines of the front, and the back in particular. Starting to remind me of a Hyundai Genesis, Nissan Z. I can see those lines when I look at this rendering.

2014 Base GT Black, 6-speed Manual, Tech Package and 3.73 Gears
MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013
PONY Member

I don't know. I agree for the most part that it really seems to steal several design looks form several other cars. Every time I look at the small side window it reminds me of the Nissan GTR.

The fusion similarities that everyone points out I also agree with. I think most people are hit or miss on that one. They either support the unified look or they think the mustang should be out there on it's own in terms of design. I can see reasons for both.

I do however think it still has a mean look from the front even with the squinting headlights, just like the fusion. I also like that the interior is going to get an upgrade.

The rear I can't decide on. I need to see real pictures of it and probably a youtube video to make my decision on that.

Otherwise this is a mustang. I'm sure most people didn't like the fox body when it came out, but they wanted that 5.0 and because that 5.0 was bad***. So this is still a mustang and still a muscle car and still a pony car.
  • Rear seats no one can fit in, CHECK
  • Cheaper than the euro cousins, CHECK
  • Looks sporty, CHECK
  • Lots O' power, CHECK
  • tons of options, CHECK

If I wanted a mustang with all of the nice toys and planned on making it a DD then the 2015 would be my choice. But I want the retro look and that is making me stick with the 2014 even with all of its faults (in comparison to the 2015).

EDIT**

Also the IRS is a nice upgrade too. Worth a few more bucks in my opinion

2014 Mustang GT 400A 6spd, Deep Impact Blue, Track Pack, Recaro Leather, Rear View Camera
Ordered:12/04/13 VIN: 12/10/13 Window Sticker Online: 12/19/13 Scheduled: 02/16/14 Built: 01/14/14 Original ETA: 01/13/14 Home: 01/29/14

Last edited by csmhowitzer; 11-12-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added a point
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Here's a couple better renderings.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
Apprentice

I like the side and the rear, but that front end is not doing it for me. Grilles and fog light area are too big, and headlights are too small, just looks off.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Based on these renderings I'm glad I have my 13. Will have to wait to see the real car when it comes out to make a final decision.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
GT Member

I wish they could have made the front end look like this.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013
Apprentice

Garage
The more I see these the more it grows on me. I just cant wait for the official ford reveal.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013
Apprentice

I've driven Mustangs since 1972. On my 9th - a 2013 Black automatic - most likely the last new Mustang I buy if the renderings of the front end of the 2015 are accurate. Just does not grab me like the 2005 did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page