If You Were Forced To Buy A 2015 Which Engine Would You Get - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: What engine would you choose if you were forced to buy a 2015 Mustang
5.0L V8 301 83.84%
3.7L V6 21 5.85%
2.3L I4 Ecoboost 37 10.31%
Voters: 359. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, the whole premise that a "new law" would somehow come in and "force you" to buy ANY model 2015 mustang is right out there with star wars 2015.
How does this differ from a new law forcing the average couple they MUST buy a 6 bedroom mansion or go to jail?
I think a far more poised question would be, "if money were no object", which of the 3 mustangs would you "most" likely be interested in buying; the 4 banger, the V6, or the V8..... that also leaves on the table ( for your own research) who also is not interested in the new 2015 for "other" reasons.
If I was inclined to buy another Mustang,I would look for a used 2013, OR a new 2014 still at some dealer,unmolested and new!
never mind forced.... If I was offered a free 2015 mustang,I can assure you I will accept it,as long as there is NO clause what I can OR cannot do with it ( as in sell it).
I would never buy a beatle, I would never buy a toyota ( any model) and I most certainly would never "suddenly" like a 2015 Mustang for the reasons I highlighted in my other post.
A lot of the elements are appealing to me in the 2015 mustang, regardless of the engine chosen ( and yes, it would be a V8 manual,thank you very much, no paddle shifting for this guy) BUT there are also elements that I completely dislike, enough so, that I would not "buy" one, legally forced or otherwise, that was my response.
It's still a good looking design, and am sure it will sell,just not to this guy,let's agree to disagree on this one.
simply put, I am not in the least bit "perked" at how the entire front end suddenly morphed into ANY other FORD product, they removed the essence of what a mustang looks like,to me!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Arguing over word choice instead of the engine choice =

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Well, the whole premise that a "new law" would somehow come in and "force you" to buy ANY model 2015 mustang is right out there with star wars 2015.
How does this differ from a new law forcing the average couple they MUST buy a 6 bedroom mansion or go to jail?
I think a far more poised question would be, "if money were no object", which of the 3 mustangs would you "most" likely be interested in buying; the 4 banger, the V6, or the V8..... that also leaves on the table ( for your own research) who also is not interested in the new 2015 for "other" reasons.
If I was inclined to buy another Mustang,I would look for a used 2013, OR a new 2014 still at some dealer,unmolested and new!
never mind forced.... If I was offered a free 2015 mustang,I can assure you I will accept it,as long as there is NO clause what I can OR cannot do with it ( as in sell it).
I would never buy a beatle, I would never buy a toyota ( any model) and I most certainly would never "suddenly" like a 2015 Mustang for the reasons I highlighted in my other post.
A lot of the elements are appealing to me in the 2015 mustang, regardless of the engine chosen ( and yes, it would be a V8 manual,thank you very much, no paddle shifting for this guy) BUT there are also elements that I completely dislike, enough so, that I would not "buy" one, legally forced or otherwise, that was my response.
It's still a good looking design, and am sure it will sell,just not to this guy,let's agree to disagree on this one.
simply put, I am not in the least bit "perked" at how the entire front end suddenly morphed into ANY other FORD product, they removed the essence of what a mustang looks like,to me!
Holy crap - REALLY?

For the record for me the 5.0 is the ONLY way to go. Got to have a V8.

Banned

Forced? OK twist my arm and I will suffer and get the new GT350.
Apprentice

I have actually owned a 2015 EcoBoost and while it is fun I have no regrets about trading it in for the 5.0
Now I get to talk about my car twice as much with the extra fuel stops!
PMAZ likes this.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Grey
Stainless H-Pipe, Eibach Sportlines, SVE Drifts
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Milk and juice come in 2 liters, Ill have a V8.
90lxwhite likes this.

2007 Saleen S281 3-valve #170
Rookie

5.0 v8
Apprentice

Garage
I'd take the V8 any day all night long because I love to hear people screeeeeam and run when I leave the local Cars and Coffee events. V6's and Ecos can never match that kind of response....

I'd go Eco but these videos puzzle me, isn't the Eco faster than the V6??
Link1
Link2
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14MustangV6 View Post
I can guarantee that I'd be able to hold my chin up with a 2015 V6 Mustang. The Coyote engine is awesome, but the V6 engine is pretty awesome, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s197gt View Post
Before considering anything other than the V-8, think about these three items:

1. How many times have you read in the 2011 and newer forums that a person bought a 2011 or newer V-6, then later decided to trade it for a 5.0 ?

2. Google this: "Problems with Ford's EcoBoost engines". See what you find from that search.

3. Consider you've now bought a 2015 Mustang. Your friends ask what engine is in your new car. You answer V-6 or 4-cylinder. Now, can you still hold your chin up ?
I had a V6 and it was pretty nice but as you stated I was one of the people who traded for the V8. If I had the chance to it over again I would have bought the V8 in 2011 when I bought my second mustang. Had I done that I would never have bought the 2015. Nothing against eco boost or V6 its just what I prefer.

Preacherman
Rookie

Well for starters....

Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotJake View Post
Well for starters....

She probably married a rich tech guy and lives on the beach in Malibu, CA.

She now drives a V-12 Ferrari.
90lxwhite likes this.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
PONY Member

This poll says 83% of people would go for the Coyote. But sales numbers in the real world tell a much much different story. Lol.

The V8 sounds great until the salesman shows you that $40,000 price tag. That's when a majority of people walk out with the keys to an EgoBoost or V6.

Bottom line: this poll is worthless

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
Rookie

V8 only. And i may just get me a new 5.0 very soon. Time to go back to a car.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If You Were Forced To Buy A 2015 Which Engine Would You Get

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
This poll says 83% of people would go for the Coyote. But sales numbers in the real world tell a much much different story. Lol.

The V8 sounds great until the salesman shows you that $40,000 price tag. That's when a majority of people walk out with the keys to an EgoBoost or V6.

Bottom line: this poll is worthless

I agree. If money were no object everyone would have a GT500. But like you said in the real world money is always the determining factor in what kind of cars we own. That's why ford makes a mustang with a v6, Ford has always sold more V6's than v8's. Even back in the mid 90's when the GT's were $25k'ish and made 215 hp they sold a butt-ton more V6's that made 160 hp or whatever it was because $25k'ish was relatively high for the time. I'm a little young to remember but I'd also bet that ford sold more 90 hp 4cyl foxes than they did V8's for the same reason, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
I agree. If money were no object everyone would have a GT500. But like you said in the real world money is always the determining factor in what kind of cars we own. That's why ford makes a mustang with a v6, Ford has always sold more V6's than v8's. Even back in the mid 90's when the GT's were $25k'ish and made 215 hp they sold a butt-ton more V6's that made 160 hp or whatever it was because $25k'ish was relatively high for the time. I'm a little young to remember but I'd also bet that ford sold more 90 hp 4cyl foxes than they did V8's for the same reason, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, when the Coyote engine came out, prices got stupid. My '08 GT with some options stickered out at less than $25,000. My current '01 GT with some options stickered around $23,500 I think. Back in the Fox body days you could pick up the GT for under $20K. The point is, muscle cars were originally two things: Fast and Cheap.

Today, the base price on the GT is $33,000 and with any options you're in the upper $30s relatively fast. Why did the price rise s l o w l y on these cars for decades, and then jump almost $10,000 suddenly? It's ridiculous. And that's why most people who say they'd only buy the GT end up not buying the GT. You can buy a crew cab 4x4 full size pickup for the same price as the little room-for-two Mustang GT these days. It's just gotten stupid.

Thankfully, everybody and their sister wants a Mustang and there are twenty billion of them on the market so that means used prices are very reasonable and you can pick up a used GT and save a ton and get the V8 that you wanted anyway.

90lxwhite and BleednBlue like this.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page