Need opinions on 2015 GT Performance package - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

If you're concerned about MPGs, a GT Mustang with the PP is not the car for you.

Seriously, I get about 14MPGs in city driving in my 2012 Brembo GT. They get terrible MPGs, so if it's a concern, don't get one.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I have a 2015 GT premium that does NOT have the performance package. I believe my car has the 3.15 or 3.55 gears (can't remember). It's also an automatic transmission. My MPG sits around 18.9MPG on the freeway with average speeds between 70-80MPH. That is with cruise control on. The car does run the 12.8 on the 1/4 mile. I would expect 18-20MPG at best. I average about 300 miles per every 16 gallon tank of gas and that is with 91 premium fuel.

Is the performance package worth while? Sure you get some neat bells and whistles with it. The larger radiator will be nice if you plan to drive the vehicle hard over extended periods of time. The Brembo brakes will be great as well.

The K-brace, sway bar and strut tower brace can all be added. The unique EPAS and ABS should not be needed if you know how too drive the vehicle properly.

If you're going to track the vehicle and know you won't have extra cash too add the K-brace, sway bar and strut tower then get the performance package.

If push came to shove I personally would rather have the luxury features of the 401A option vs the performance package. I would also rather have the recaro seats, navigation and adaptive cruise control.

Just be honest with yourself about what you're going to do with the vehicle. Given that you spend so much time on the road I would think luxury options would be more desirable vs racing packages. If you can't afford one fully loaded yet why not wait 3-6 months save up another $4000-5000 and put an extra $5k down on a fully loaded Mustang?

Apprentice

I have a 15 With GTPP. Drive 24 miles to work half highway getting 18. Computer says 19.5

Rookie

17.5 here. It's not the mpg, it's the size of the tank. Sometimes I have to fill up twice a week because the tank is so small.

My contract expires in CA in another year and I'll be driving back to Houston. I'm not entirely sure how the Mustang is going to make the haul from El Paso to Houston. There are just stretches with nothing around and no gas stations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page