Why all the hate for the 2015's - Page 23 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree71Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I have gotten countless compliments on my new 15 GT in just 3 months of ownership. The majority of people out there love the new mustang. Sales numbers back that up as well. I had a 13. This 15 is miles better in every respect including looks! This is the best looking mustang I have ever owned out of the 5 I have had. Seriously, those that really think it is ugly probably also think Olive Oyl is one sexy babe.

OracleHCR likes this.

1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Auto--Gone a long time ago. 1st Stang
1987 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual--Sold
2008 Mustang GT Manual--Sold
2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto--Sold
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual--Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
No one ever talks about how fox body bad sales almost turned Mustang into front wheel drive car (Probe). I was one of the guys who wrote Ford (this was when people actually sent letters before internet ).
I don't think that the Fox body was the cause of Ford thinking about using the Probe as a Mustang. I think it's just that during that time Ford really didn't take the Mustang that seriously. It was a different corporate mentality. The Mustang was kinda lost and trying to find itself in a corporate structure dealing with new government laws about fuel economy, emissions, safety, and stuff like that. The Probe was a new design, lighter weight, front wheel drive (cutting edge back in the 80's), compact, better mileage, taking on the GM Fiero, so they thought that was a way to go. No one talks much about the Mustang II. That thing was built on a Pinto chassis. PINTO I said!!! Yea, since the early 70's Mustang has been a bit lost, but for the S197 they gave it a more serious attention. It's own chassis, and everything else. No sharing stuff with other models or getting left overs. (from 1979 to 04 there was a lot of recycling old stuff to keep it going and make a buck). Once the S197 proved that a great Mustang could really make Ford look good and make a great profit, then they decided it was time to take it seriously and now it's gone world wide (trying to rake in more money). The S197 even brought back the Challenger and Camaro from the mothballs. Yea, S197 is and was a real game changer. Lets see if you guys can say that in the future.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

The SN95 put the Camaro into mothballs so was it better than the S197?

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09v6 View Post
I don't think that the Fox body was the cause of Ford thinking about using the Probe as a Mustang. I think it's just that during that time Ford really didn't take the Mustang that seriously. It was a different corporate mentality. The Mustang was kinda lost and trying to find itself in a corporate structure dealing with new government laws about fuel economy, emissions, safety, and stuff like that. The Probe was a new design, lighter weight, front wheel drive (cutting edge back in the 80's), compact, better mileage, taking on the GM Fiero, so they thought that was a way to go. No one talks much about the Mustang II. That thing was built on a Pinto chassis. PINTO I said!!! Yea, since the early 70's Mustang has been a bit lost, but for the S197 they gave it a more serious attention. It's own chassis, and everything else. No sharing stuff with other models or getting left overs. (from 1979 to 04 there was a lot of recycling old stuff to keep it going and make a buck). Once the S197 proved that a great Mustang could really make Ford look good and make a great profit, then they decided it was time to take it seriously and now it's gone world wide (trying to rake in more money). The S197 even brought back the Challenger and Camaro from the mothballs. Yea, S197 is and was a real game changer. Lets see if you guys can say that in the future.

You don't know what you're talking about LOL. Probe was to be next Mustang if I remember 300,000 people sent Ford letters. I still have old magazines with article. Pinto and Mustang II don't even share sheet metal may look close but they don't. Don't any other Mustang sales have ever broken Mustang II sales. S197 was good but didn't change it 05-10 why because GM pony car was killed off. S197 almost got IRS in 05 was nipped just before production. Why up the ante when competition wasn't there. Why you upset S550 better than S197 there will always be improvements with next chassis and next chassis after that etc etc etc.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
You don't know what you're talking about LOL. Probe was to be next Mustang if I remember 300,000 people sent Ford letters. I still have old magazines with article. Pinto and Mustang II don't even share sheet metal may look close but they don't. Don't any other Mustang sales have ever broken Mustang II sales. S197 was good but didn't change it 05-10 why because GM pony car was killed off. S197 almost got IRS in 05 was nipped just before production. Why up the ante when competition wasn't there. Why you upset S550 better than S197 there will always be improvements with next chassis and next chassis after that etc etc etc.
Hell yeah I know what I'm talking about. The determination to make the Probe into a Mustang was NEVER finalized. It may have been just a publicity stunt for all we know. It's probably a New Coke vs Old Coke thing.

Get out the glasses grandpa. Pinto was the base for the Mustang II. Never said anything about sharing skin or panels. Just like the Falcon was the base for the Original Mustang.

SN95 didn't put Camaro into mothballs, it did it all by itself. GM put crappy engineering and design into the later 80's & 90's Camaros. The 70's Camaros sold like Crazy. I had one. They were a great car. Loved my 79 Camaro. GM had been having problems selling the camaros since they started detuning everything back them. Big blocks that only put out 180 HP, blah, crap!
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This thread has outlived it`s usefulness.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page