Rear quarter paint chips - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear quarter paint chips

Has anyone noticed paint chips on rear quarter panel in front or rear wheel? I noticed a couple small ( only in clear) chips in this area. It makes sense it would easy to get a chip in this area due to it flaring out. Does anyone know if they have came out with a clear bra for this area? I looked and can't seem to find any thing or if it would look odd in this area. I thought of putting Roush side scoops to protect the vulnerable area. I've seen them for sale for $249 painted and use double sided tape to attach. I'm questing this is how Roush attaches them to their cars and would durable. Any thoughts would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015
Apprentice

I just went out and looked at mine but did not find any chips. All though my car is in need of a good wash but that's not happening till tomorrow. I also need glasses, but that is another topic.

Have you called Ford service/parts directly? I would think they would know who in your area could provide you with it.

Have you tried calling one of those places that puts wraps on vehicles? Just ask them if they can produce a clear wrap for that specific area. I will admit I don't know much about wraps/decals and whether or not they are safe for paint. I was just thinking it could be an option.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

We'll I bought the roush side scoops. I think they look good and will protect that area from being hit. I don't think the clear paint protection will look good in that area. I think my OCD is getting the best of me, because you can't really see the light chips unless you get right on top of them because it just in clear but think down the road it's going to catch a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page