GM says new Camaro will beat Mustang. Yes? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
HooticusMaximus:

Don't let your ego and devotion to the Mustang get in the way of common sense.

The Camaro beat the Mustang and took the sales crown from 2010-2014. Before you start beating down on the Camaro you need to look at the stats. Overall, GM did a great job on the Camaro in 2010 and its sales numbers back up that fact.

JediDave
Yeah sales increased, but that doesn't make it a better or faster car. I live in South Carolina and on any given day I see 3-4 new-style Camaros on 26's or 30 somethings. Ego? No common sense says Chevy saw a gold mine and ran with it...at least here in the south...

2008 California Special: Boss 302 stroker, KB huffer, driveline, fuel, electronics, suspension, chassis, some outdoor pretty parts, Boss 338's i.e. nothing really left that's stock. Meth injection under construction. Tuned by Chris Tuten at The Muffler Shop.
2012 California Special (DD): Minor modding, just looking for sound, throttle response, and handling from this one, nothing fancy. Tuned by Steeda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

i see tons of new Camaros and pre 15 Mustangs around here but only two 15 Stangs to date. I'm betting Camaro wins this round.

Apprentice

Garage
The 2016 Camaro is sexy I like the hood scoop which remind me of the 2013/14 gt mustangs. If I had to pick between a 2015 mustang vs 2016 camaro I would probably lean towards to camaro just because it the first year mustang has really implicated the IRS and I can't stand looking at the hood and back end of the stang. Longivity I would think a 6.2 liter would out last the 5.0 since ford is pushing that motor pretty hard to get every last bit of power (could be wrong). But I couldn't be happier with my 14' gt mustang... I stare at it every time I walk away like it was brand new.

Rookie

If the 2016 Camaro isnt faster than that company has bigger problems than I thought. They have an extra year to test the mustang and improve the camaro. Anyway it wouldnt matter all the magazines are going to say the Camaro is the better car no matter what. The Mustang could have wheels of gold and 800HP, and came with a fire breathing dragon. Car and Driver and Road and Track would still hate it. Unless it said BMW or Mercedes on the hood.
FiK likes this.

2015 Mustang GT, MT, PP, Recaro, Black on Black
PONY Member

The 6.2 is just as reliable as the 5.0 and the 5.0 is just as reliable as the 6.2... Actually if you think about it the new 2015 5.0 is probably a little more tough since it has the boss 302 internals which were stronger than the normal 5.0. Not sure about the 6.2 internals comparatively but both are very reliable and beefy motors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPak View Post
I don't care, personally.
I used to be a GM Nut-Hugger till they took the bail out money, then proceeded to screw their Retirees, Bondholders, and employees every which way they could. Then through smoke and mirrors claim they paid the 'Taxpayers' back in full. This with former Union Bosses on the Board of Directors........yeah, right.

No Thanks. I'll stick with Ford, at least for the time being. But I am done with GM.
This! I'm in complete agreement.
I won't hold the loss of tax payer money against them......that was the US treasury's fault. They held OUR shares in GM......they chose to sell them at a loss.

But thefact remains ...... if I buy a new GM vehicle some of the money goes to union members and retirees who benefited because bondholders got screwed ....... hey, when this Government used it's power to UPEND the rule of law to reward loyal political support they sealed the deal for me.

You don't screw with 100 years of property rights protection in the courts for political gain and get my business later.

Neither GM or Chrysler will see me purchasing a new car or truck from them again. I don't reward THEFT with my business.

Crossing GM and Chrysler off my list isn't that hard to do today anyway. Lots of other car companies to buy from......many make a car or truck that is as appealing or more so anyway.

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page