Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Mustang S550 General Discussion (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s550-general-discussion/)
-   -   Has anyone put on any suspension kits? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s550-general-discussion/877554-has-anyone-put-any-suspension-kits.html)

Dork Vader 07-18-2015 11:47 AM

Has anyone put on any suspension kits?

I'm getting too the point in which I'll need to buy tires for my car. I've been looking at rims and tires of various sizes. That said one of my trips to the dealership they had an after market suspension upgrade put on one of their Mustangs. The sales man told me it was well worth the money.

Has anyone done anything to their suspension yet? If so what? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

marylandGT 07-18-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Vader (Post 7731682)
The sales man told me it was well worth the money.

Hahaha.....I'm sure he did.
You shoulda said, "Let me test drive it and see".
Did he say what exactly they did?

Team Stillen 07-22-2015 05:40 PM

When it comes to suspension offerings, there are two methods you can go with. A static height or adjustable height. Of the static offerings there are lowering springs and coilovers. The on the fly adjustable offerings are predominantly air suspension systems these days. Lowering springs are the most affordable entry level way to lower your vehicle. Coilovers come in many versions, with different spring rates and different dampers with varying adjustability on rebound and compression and sometimes multiple compression stages (low speed, high speed). Give me a call or send a PM and we can find what best suits your needs!

csamsh 07-22-2015 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The rear spring seats look to be somewhat of a pain in the ass if you want a coil-spring height-adjustable suspension that isn't a coilover....anybody got a solution for that yet?

908ssp 07-27-2015 07:26 PM

Put on a set of BMR springs lowers the front more than the rear. The car was a PP car doesn't feel any stiffer but probably is; still rides fine to me. It could use a touch more rebound damping so I'll change the shocks eventually might wait till this winter...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psr0gkkfyx.jpg

Norm Peterson 08-02-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csamsh (Post 7743066)
The rear spring seats look to be somewhat of a pain in the ass if you want a coil-spring height-adjustable suspension that isn't a coilover....anybody got a solution for that yet?

I wonder if these could be made to work ??

Norm

csamsh 08-02-2015 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 7768289)
I wonder if these could be made to work ??

Norm

The problem is the pretty big diameter. The S197 style weight jackers don't really fit, and conventional coilover springs don't really fit either. Very hard to describe without pointing to stuff.