Line Lock Video - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Line Lock Video

I posted this on the S550 Forum and figured I post it here as well for anyone looking for a demo and some tire melting footage.

We decided we would make a video with a walk-through of how to 1st set up line lock and then secondly a Bob Marleyesque demonstration of it in action.

Having never used Line Lock on any car I had a rough time understanding the exact steps to take for it to engage and STAY engaged. The couple videos I caught didn't give a great explanation of what exactly needed to be done to get the Line Lock not to deactivate. SO we took it upon our selves to put up a video of our own.

Track Apps>Line Lock>hold "Ok" 5 seconds>press brake as far down as it goes> hold break position and hit "Ok">put in second and let it rip
(personal recommendation is to throw it in 2nd, because 1st is too short and harder to maintain with out hitting the red line too fast.)

Tire shredding starts @ 1:01: https://youtu.be/BMxffhCQ9-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxffhCQ9-U

2015 Mustang GT Premium

Mods: SCT Tuner, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
Rookie

Thats an awesome video, quality is crazy good what did you film that with?

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Thanks! We used 2 gopro hero 3+ black editions.

2015 Mustang GT Premium

Mods: SCT Tuner, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
Rookie

I may just have to invest in one, the video quality is much better than I would have expected!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I have to get a Go Pro and quick! I've been wanting to strap one to my Mustang and Raptor for a while now.

2015 50th Anniversary Deep Impact Blue
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lublinj2 View Post
I may just have to invest in one, the video quality is much better than I would have expected!
They are great! I picked mine up on amazon for under $300. not the cheapest camera you'll find, but its water proof and durable as hell! My buddy uses it on his R1 at the track and has had it fall off going 150Mph+ and still works without issue.

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
I have to get a Go Pro and quick! I've been wanting to strap one to my Mustang and Raptor for a while now.
Its makes for great footage, but the mic will catch wind noise even in the water proof housing. They have a number of "fixes" you can find on youtube, but expect to spend more money on the extra little goodies.

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown Stang View Post

They are great! I picked mine up on amazon for under $300. not the cheapest camera you'll find, but its water proof and durable as hell! My buddy uses it on his R1 at the track and has had it fall off going 150Mph+ and still works without issue.
Totally worth it though to get awesome footage like that, much better than anything I could hope to get with my iphone 6 which is my current camera lol
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Totally worth it though to get awesome footage like that, much better than anything I could hope to get with my iphone 6 which is my current camera lol
haha true. They also have a killer app that that will stream the footage to your cell phone, super helpful for lining up your shots.

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
Rookie

I'll have to check it out, what's it called?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
I'll have to check it out, what's it called?
Type in Gopro in the app store. It will pop right up

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
Rookie

Awesome thanks man!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Awesome thanks man!
you got it!

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
Rookie

I cant get mine to work.I get to the brake holding and it goes up on the bar graph but not all the way.When I let up it releases. I have an auto.Should I be in Sport Mode(I am) ? Traction control off? Maybe I am not rehitting ok when the graph stops moving up?HELP! please.

'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideflstn View Post
I cant get mine to work.I get to the brake holding and it goes up on the bar graph but not all the way.When I let up it releases. I have an auto.Should I be in Sport Mode(I am) ? Traction control off? Maybe I am not rehitting ok when the graph stops moving up?HELP! please.

Hmmm. I would guess it the same for a manual but easier.

Line lock>hit ok > press brake all the way down > once bar fills press ok > once the 15sec counter pops up keep your foot on the brake and press OK. This will engage the brake > hit ok agian to start the countdown > let off the brake > press gas > try not to think about the tire life being shredded to bits.

2015 Mustang GT Premium

SEEEEEEA!!! HAWKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page