I need advice on tire/rim size - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I need advice on tire/rim size

I have been looking at rims for almost a year. I have at least another 3 months of tread left on my tires right now. That said Foose has a rim I really like, but it's produced in a 20 only. I don't want to put 20's on the car because in my experiences in the past low profile tires on big rims = a lot of bent rims on CA roads. The recommend tire size for the 20's are 285/30-20. How low of a profile is that? If I go over some bad roads at 55-65MPH is going to dent/bend,misshape the rim? Also will that tire size effect the performance through curves/lateral G's and so on?

I really want 19's so I can put a meatier tire on the rim. But I can't find any 19's that I like.

Any in put and opinions would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Tire Rack has a wheel/rim visualizer that may help. at least with those rims (Foose) it's wide which MAY soften the ride

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Drop down and go with 18", believe better selection of tires/rims, better handling.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Drop down and go with 18", believe better selection of tires/rims, better handling.
Dave
Could do that, I have the factory 18's right now. Looking for something wider in the rear so I can get a better launch off the line.

The 19's I had on my z were extremely wide I rear end was around 10 inches wide and the fronts were 9.5 It was alright around town. But when driving on the freeway you eventually come up on something you can't dodge or don't see and your rims are toast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page