Steeda Jacking Rails - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hlh1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Steeda Jacking Rails

Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds. Super lightweight and work great. I'm changing my own oil and rotating the tires and these work great with placing your jackstands. $130 from LMT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Padded rubber jacking plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsm6melton View Post
Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds.

L looked these up at: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

They are made of anodized aluminum and the "installation info" notes say:
"Note: Jacking rail powder coat is only designed to withstand vehicle jacks with padded rubber jacking plates. Surface damage can be caused using other jacks available on the market."

Unfortunately, it sounds like it would damage the aluminum jacking rails if I had a flat tire and used the non-padded jack that is in the trunk.

Steeda Jacking Rails-2-dcp_0005.jpg

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness" Ė John Keats.

Where Mustangs Began: 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Hardtop with a 164 hp Challenger 260 V-8 and a Ford-O-Matic two-speed automatic transmission. "The Wonder Falcon".
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback with a 435 hp Coyote 5.0 L V-8 and a 6R80E six-speed automatic transmission. "Race Red".
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015
Apprentice

I installed mine yesterday. Installation was an absolute breeze.

My jack and stands don't have a soft coating, so I'm looking for something to cover the yokes with, and I'll keep a piece in the car for any instance that I have a roadside emergency.

Worst case, they're easy to remove, and could probably be coated with spray-on bedliner.

JR

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015
Rookie

These are great products & you will be very happy with them.

Like you said, very easy to install & makes life easier!

Best Regards,

TJ

Steeda Mustang Enthusiasts
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
L looked these up at: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

"Note: Jacking rail powder coat is only designed to withstand vehicle jacks with padded rubber jacking plates. Surface damage can be caused using other jacks available on the market."

Unfortunately, it sounds like it would damage the aluminum jacking rails if I had a flat tire and used the non-padded jack that is in the trunk.

Attachment 482018
I've jacked mine up aa couple of times, it might have scratched the rails, idk. I installed them not to damage the car and make it easier to do maintenance
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
Rookie

I love mine, installation was a bit more challenging for my convertible, but I feel a bit more overall car "tightness" with these rails on.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
Rookie

Quote:
I love mine, installation was a bit more challenging for my convertible, but I feel a bit more overall car "tightness" with these rails on.
Yes, just a little more labor involved with the Convertible ... but in the end ... it is worth it!

TJ

Steeda Mustang Enthusiasts
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015
Banned

Do you have these for S197?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015
Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsteedamustang View Post
Yes, just a little more labor involved with the Convertible ... but in the end ... it is worth it!

TJ
I also installed the Steeda Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace because can a convertible ever be too tight? Very happy with the G-Trac too.

Since I have no plans to track this car I might be done with suspension mods..... or am I?
Rookie

Garage
Just another attestment to the quality and protection from these jacking rails. They were the first thing I installed and already save my ass. It's super easy jacking up each side of the car. Even had an accident when the car slipped off the jack when I was lowering it, and caught that side of the car's full weight on the rail - instead of putting the jack through the floorboard, the rails saved it.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsm6melton View Post
Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a mod I installed that will make your life a lot easier for those who plan on doing your own maintenance. Steeda Ultralight Jacking Rails. Took about 15 minutes. No worries about hitting the factory cutout jacking holes or damaging your pinch welds. Super lightweight and work great. I'm changing my own oil and rotating the tires and these work great with placing your jackstands. $130 from LMT.
Did you have to jack up the car to install the rails?
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djl45 View Post
Did you have to jack up the car to install the rails?

As long as your ride isn't slammed you should have no Issues installing them as the car sits. Use a hand mirror if you don't want to be wrigling around on your back like a bug

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Do you have these for S197?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes they do. I bought mine on their black Friday sale but they are under my Christmas tree

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post

Attachment 482018
Their website says they're made from "steel" tubing and steel mount brackets??? Is the website wrong or did they change material since 2015?
Rookie

I was able to lay on the garage floor and install these on my 17 GT.

CornfedGT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in