wt the difference between H & X pipe - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005 Thread Starter

wt the difference between H & X pipe

i just started to fix p my new mustang and i was wondering which is better H or X pipe so plz if anyone can help me.
thnx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005
'95.0 stang

An x pipe will net you a couple more horsepower, but alot of people go for the h pipe because it gives you a more aggressive exhaust sound. Either one will give you a gain over stock, the main thing here is eliminating or replacing the factory catalytic converters.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005 Thread Starter

thnx bro.
so u prefer t put h pipe
and plz who also can tell me about it just go for it plz

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005

I will also go for h pipe:thumbup.. though x pipe would be more suitable for racing requirements..

..'balance tube' is a common term for h pipe. Basically, it equalizes the pressures between both banks of the engine giving a broader and flatter torque curve throughout the rpm range. It helps eliminate 'back-rap' common on deceleration, and creates a deeper mellower tone both inside and outside of the vehicle.

Hope this bit of info helped you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
Do a search, im search youll find something as this discussion has been coverd in great detail......several times.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page