Stick Your Personal Touch On Your Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Played around with it for awhile and I personally don't like decals on a car. Maybe some chrome door handles and mirrors but, other than that I would prefer my cars to be on solid color. :yelpleased:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

It is really a very nice picture and cool. i love mustang as in i own one at the same time.

Ford Parts & Accessories

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to drifter18533434
something I did on my GT along with iniakls on door
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car pictures of mods etc 004.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	135037  

4.10 gears-- boss manifold- bama tunes-6sd manuel-- 19"wheels, staggered-Roush CAI--J&M LCA--- Alum 1pc driveline--93 oct fuel only
-Pypes LTH w/catted X pipe GT500 Muffs-- BBG TB 85mm--Moroso coolant alum tank

Apprentice

I actually like them. But theres nothing on the website thats close to kona blue so its kinda hard to tell. Plus there's no "5.0" badge so again it's kinda hard to tell how any side graphics would work together with the badge.

2012 Mustang GT
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited
1989 Supra Turbo
Apprentice
2.3L Member
5.0L Member

Flames (in my opinion) only look good on older muscle cars. Somehow I feel they do not "fit" newer cars. I am going with a "c" stripe on the side and cowl painting on the hood in blue on a white car. Even at that, I am thinking of going matte finish clearcoat over it all. Simple and not overdone.

Spend your money once and get what you need. Do not cut corners and try to save a buck. It will cost you MORE to fix the problems caused.

Don't just hack into your Mustang to cut out weight to make it faster (some of those components are important to the overall function and safety of your Mustang).

Knowledge equates to power and handing... get to know what works and use it! Sometimes the popular MOD of the moment may NOT be best... ignore "fads"!
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Me and the wife had some old school flames painted on our 05 GT..

These don't have the pin striped edges like so many people are doing either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_GT_02.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	163142  
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GThajdo View Post
Me and the wife had some old school flames painted on our 05 GT..

These don't have the pin striped edges like so many people are doing either.
Looks great, especially on Black!!

2013 5.0 Track Pack. Special ordered new by me.
401A, Navigation, Roush AB, Boss 302 side exhaust, Steed CAI, ProDyno Tune, MGW Race Spec, MRT Louvers, MRT Hood Struts, Roush Hood Scoop
Rookie

Not a fan of any of those decals.

2005 - Mustang GT Redfire- flowmaster american thunder
Rookie

I think your right...Not about the flames, but about everyone wanting to put that personal touch on their Mustang, or any car they own. I know I feel that way, and I'm sure others do to. The flames are a bit old looking for me, but maybe on something else? But, there are many way to personalize your car besides just slapping some stickers on it. I just got a 2013 Boss 302, and I have been doing some thinking on just this ideal. I don't want the typical E-bay junk, and whatever I do it has to add to the overall design of the car, meaning it has to be functional, add to the looks or make it perform better. I love the big Brembo brakes, but I cannot figure out my they installed plain Jane black calipers? Come on, every other performance car that uses Brembo has them in contrasting colors like Red, Yellow, Silver and so. Black? So, I do plan on taking all the calipers off and powder coating them or having them professionally painted. The glue on junk just looks stupid and fake. Once I have the parts off, I think I'll add the air cooling kit for the boss, and paint the backing plate while I'm there also. If I can swing it, I would love to get some nice 2-piece rotors, will have to see.
I was also thinking about doing so practical but low cost items, like removing the front and rear sway bars & mounts then paint or PC the bars and replace the rubber bushings with poly bushings. Something simple but functional and the bars would look nice too. If that worked out, I would like to remove the pan-hard bar and maybe the lower control bars and do the same thing, again functional and nice. Replace the bushing with better materials, and the cost would be minimal, just labor intensive.
Another up-grade would be to replace the brake hoses with good wood hose assemblies, and I would like to add a line lock while I'm there. Just simple, but useful items.
I already installed the QTP exhaust cutouts for the side outlets, Roush hood opener/supports, Moroso Oil catch can with billet hoses, mats and door lights.
So far the shifter is not an issue, I know it will wear in, so I'll hold off on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: