Kiwis Hopeful That Ford Will Bring RHD Mustang Down-Under - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012 Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Kiwis Hopeful That Ford Will Bring RHD Mustang Down-Under

As you can see from the Holden/Mustang hybrid in the photo, the gearheads of New Zealand love the Mustang. It has never been officially sold their but with the announcment of a RHD model for the UK, the Kiwis are hopeful they may finally get to buy a brand new pony car. The remote nation did not see human visitors until the 14th century. It was one of last places on earth to receive human inhabitants and the latecomer nation may soon be able to buy the new, world-market Mustang.

While their are already a limited number of Mustangs on New Zealands roads, most have either been privately imported and either received a costly RHD conversion or a very rare legal exemption for LHD cars newer than 25 years-old.

The managing direct of Ford New Zealand, Neale Hill told the press that the upcoming Mustang be seriously considered for his country. It would be a serious consideration if ti make especially if it was going to be sold across the sea in Australia.

"You don't have an iconic vehicle like the Mustang available and not consider it very seriously, especially considering Ford's performance history."

Ford Australia is has not committed to bringing the Mustang over. Sinead Phipps, the Australian company's public affairs director says: "At this stage, Mustang has been confirmed for Europe but nothing further."

Aussies and Kiwis both love V8 RWD vehicles so the Mustang seems like a natural fit. The FPV tuning division already tunes up the 5.0 V8 for various Ford vehicles sold down under, so many would likely bolt directly onto the Mustang.

[Source: NZ Herald]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012
Sean Reilly

Both the Kiwis, and the Aussis will no doubt see the 2015 make a big debut down under!.......Sean

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

The Mustang should never leave the country. It belongs in America.

Those people down under can drive their Falcon 'Bosses' and be happy with that.

Race Red 2012 Mustang GT Premium 5.0, 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Brembo Brake Package, HID Headlights, Navigation, Comfort Package, Rear View Camera, Saddle Interior - Airaid Cold Air Intake/MGW Shifter/5.0 Floor Mats/ Bondra Clutch Extender/Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Backs/Boss Side Pipes/BMR Upper & Lower Control Arms/Steeda Shock Tower Brace/Moroso Oil Catch Can/2013 LED Fog Lamps

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012
Sean Reilly

That is a RIDICULOUSLY CHILDISH reply!!.......Especially coming from a fellow Rookie!........Replies like that should remain in your head......Better not to start trouble....Or a Moderator Might start a bouncing....Sean
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Check the join date, I've been here for two years... I'm no rookie, newb.

And that reply deserved to be posted.

All everyone seems to do is b**** and moan about us American's, but yet they want to drive our Mustangs?

No, you can't insult our country and then ask to have our most sacred vehicle.

I have pride in my country, and would like to keep one of our most iconic items within it's borders.

(Maybe I watch too much TopGear and read foreign blogs.)

Race Red 2012 Mustang GT Premium 5.0, 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Brembo Brake Package, HID Headlights, Navigation, Comfort Package, Rear View Camera, Saddle Interior - Airaid Cold Air Intake/MGW Shifter/5.0 Floor Mats/ Bondra Clutch Extender/Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Backs/Boss Side Pipes/BMR Upper & Lower Control Arms/Steeda Shock Tower Brace/Moroso Oil Catch Can/2013 LED Fog Lamps
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Sean Reilly

I don't care when you joined!! READ WHAT IT SAYS NEXT TO YOUR NAME!!....ROOKIE!!.....And I am not going to mix words with someone that Is 17 or so years old!!!.....I bought my 1st New Stang 15 years before you were even born!!.....And don't talk to me about PATRIOTISM, as BOTH AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND are 2 of our closest allies!!......Read some History Books.......And you are the GREAT BLOGER that you proclaim, then you should know better than to type into your sig in this thread " If I Have Offended You, My Job Is Done Here" .........But then again you are only a "NEWB" at life.......So I will leave it at that........Sean
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hmm, okay grandpa.

BTW, I just added that sig to tick people off. It works,

I don't care what it says below my name, that justs means I'm no post *****. I view here and rarely feel the need to comment.

I understand history, it's a passion of mine. They might be our closest allies, but that doesn't make the citizens love us. It means our Gov't's get along....

And btw, you shouldn't think too much about age...it'll make you feel like an even older fart.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
australia , down under , ford , kiwi , mustang , new zealand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: