New Order wait times? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

New Order wait times?

I recently ordered a new 2018 Mustang GT and I'm wondering how long most people are waiting for a VIN or waiting for actual delivery if you've got that far. I ordered a month ago and still no VIN so getting frustrated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

It's amazing nobody here is willing to share any info about ordering new Mustangs. I waited almost 6 weeks just to receive a VIN number which was supposed to take about 2 weeks. Yesterday I pulled the plug on the order. My dealer cannot tell me when the VIN will come. It's amazing to me there is no phone number at the factory that the dealer can call and say "what's up with no VIN number"?
Anyway there are some cars on the dealers lots across the country. Searching Cars.com helped me find one with all the options I wanted. Hope to get it soon.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018
Rookie

I am having the same problem. I signed up just to create a post about this. I ordered my 2018 mustang back on Nov 28th. It's now Januarary 17th and still no VIN!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Old2care View Post
It's amazing nobody here is willing to share any info about ordering new Mustangs. I waited almost 6 weeks just to receive a VIN number which was supposed to take about 2 weeks...
Unfortunately this site is no longer the source for new mustang ordering help. Hop on over to mustang6g.com for the best info on ordering a new Mustang. There you'll find tons of threads and good info on the new Mustangs, like you uses to find here. My how times have changed in the 6 years since I ordered my last pony. Back then this forum really was the source for offering. Alas Ford reps no longer participate here, but on g6 they do! They have a dedicated Ford rep to help with orders, just like we uses to have Deyshia here.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018
Apprentice

I ordered my 2018 on August 7, 2017. It was delivered February 7, 2018. Seven months exactly. I didn't follow it on COTUS; that's too nerve-wracking. Also too busy trying to put enough scratch in the bank to buy it.

2018 GT Premium Fastback Lightning Blue/Auto10.
2017 Raptor Black/Auto10/Glass Roof.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018
Rookie

Garage
I ordered mine on December 17th. Arrived at the dealer on Feb 14th, took delivery on the 15th.

2018 EcoBoost Premium
Royal Crimson, 201A, Safe & Smart

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Interesting, i ordered another ford vehicle and the salesman kept me posted on all updates. Had no issues.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018
Rookie

I submitted a factory for an ingot silver 2018 EcoBoost Premium with a tan interior on Jan. 25. My order first showed up in the online order tracker (Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com) On Feb. 22 as "In Order Processing" with an estimated delivery date of May 24.

If it takes four months to delivery a factory order, fine. But please tell me the truth when I am deciding whether to place an order rather than telling me that it will be delivered in 6-8 weeks.

Just venting. It sounds like some of you can relate to my frustration.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018
Banned

Garage
New Order wait times?

I ordered my 2018 GT Convertible the 1st week of Feb. got my vin# the following Friday. The build week will be March 23rd, estimated delivery date in April 26th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Apprentice

Sweet! Just in time for top-down cruising weather.

2018 GT Premium Fastback Lightning Blue/Auto10.
2017 Raptor Black/Auto10/Glass Roof.
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddledUp View Post
Sweet! Just in time for top-down cruising weather.

Picked it up a few weeks earlier than estimated on April 12th. So total elapsed time was 1 day lesss the 2 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PONY Member

I am in the same boat. Well technically I ordered a 2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue with Magneride 4 weeks ago and I still haven't received a VIN number or confirmation code at the dealership yet. Do cars equipped with Magneride take a longer time? I spoke with my dealership but they have no clue when they will receive the VIN number or confirmation code. I called Ford yesterday and spoke with them about my situation and asked if it was normal for the dealership to have not received a confirmation code after 1 month and they told me it was not normal. I just want to check the vin window sticker before the car arrives to make sure it is built to the specifications I wanted such as Spoiler Delete. This is the first time I have ordered a car from the factory so I am a little anxious

Retired but not forgotten
2014 Mustang V6 Performance Pack, Airaid CAI, Automatic 3.31
stock 0-60: 5.8 seconds
tune and cai: 5.2 seconds
PONY Member

It must depend on the area and dealership you use to order. I got one in 3 weeks from order to delivery.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Old2care View Post
It's amazing nobody here is willing to share any info about ordering new Mustangs. I waited almost 6 weeks just to receive a VIN number which was supposed to take about 2 weeks. Yesterday I pulled the plug on the order. My dealer cannot tell me when the VIN will come. It's amazing to me there is no phone number at the factory that the dealer can call and say "what's up with no VIN number"?
Anyway there are some cars on the dealers lots across the country. Searching Cars.com helped me find one with all the options I wanted. Hope to get it soon.
I just noticed this thread. I can share my experience when I ordered a 2017 Mustang GT Premium.

Ordered on 3/31/2017, received by Ford on 4/5/2017. They told me about 6-8 weeks at the time. The dates below were from the old COTUS website. It no longer exists, but Ford has a new link to track factory orders.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

VIN assigned on 5/18/2017

In Order Processing on 6/6/2017

Built on 6/13/2017

Shipped on 6/29/2017

Delivered to Ford dealer 7/14/2017

Picked up by me on 7/15/2017

So in my case it took a little over 15 weeks from order to getting my car.

Last edited by BlueMustangs; 07-04-2019 at 06:37 PM.
PONY Member

Interesting, i ordered a Ecoboost Premium on 4/11/17, had the vin on 4/13/17, scheduled build date was week of 5/8/17, was built on 5/10/17. It was delivered to the dealer on 6/5 and i took delivery on 6/7.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page