active valve performance exhaust system - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question active valve performance exhaust system

Anybody have experience with the active performance exhaust system? Thinking of ordering with an Ecoboost as opposed to an aftermarket system that doesn't have variable tone capability. Does it work and and is there any tendency toward failure?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweirichm View Post
Anybody have experience with the active performance exhaust system? Thinking of ordering with an Ecoboost as opposed to an aftermarket system that doesn't have variable tone capability. Does it work and and is there any tendency toward failure?

Thanks
Nothing really new.... ben around for a few decades...IIRR BMW was one of the 1st to offer and IIRR Porsche followed....later I think they both dropped it......does it work re: tq/hp band adjustment...yes, enough to pay the extra $ and deal with an assembly that has to deal with a range of environmental issues as well as cat-heated exhaust gases....likely not imho..... which I why IMHO most mfg's drop it from their lines just a few years after introduction.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Personally I won't consider a new Mustang without it. Honestly I even want it when looking at a used Mustang. Now granted I have only used it on a GT so I can't speak for the differences on the Eco, but on the GT it is very cool. You can tell a difference in all the modes and I think the track setting gives enough that a aftermarket exhaust no longer needs to be the first mod.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Wish someone had a good sound clip of active exhaust on the Eco. The few I've viewed on You Tube didn't do justice. Or maybe my hearing isn't as tuned in as it used to be. Very import aftermarket sounding.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
Wish someone had a good sound clip of active exhaust on the Eco. The few I've viewed on You Tube didn't do justice. Or maybe my hearing isn't as tuned in as it used to be. Very import aftermarket sounding.
Honestly are you that surprised it is import sounding considering it is after all a 4cyl after all...?

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page