Looking to get the new stang!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Looking to get the new stang!!

Hey guys, I'm selling my '11 335i (sad panda, but need the cash). I want to get an upgrade in power and cheap. I was checking out the new mustangs and wondering if it would be possible to jump into a mustang on a lease for around 200 a month. Haven't been able to find lease prices anywhere. I want to try and avoid putting anything down. I saw that someone got $750 for building online? and what is xplan? This is going to be my first mustang so im not familiar with the incentives. If its not even possible to get it around 200, please let me know and ill stop dreaming. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGuyOnEbay View Post
Hey guys, I'm selling my '11 335i (sad panda, but need the cash). I want to get an upgrade in power and cheap. I was checking out the new mustangs and wondering if it would be possible to jump into a mustang on a lease for around 200 a month. Haven't been able to find lease prices anywhere. I want to try and avoid putting anything down. I saw that someone got $750 for building online? and what is xplan? This is going to be my first mustang so im not familiar with the incentives. If its not even possible to get it around 200, please let me know and ill stop dreaming. Thanks.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find lease rates that low on a Mustang, especially a GT. This isn't a vehicle that they heap incentives on, and I'm not sure that I've EVER seen lease incentives. Your best bet is to walk into a dealer and see what they say. FWIW, a base GT is going to cost you about $30,000, and your lease payments will probably be more than that. You're better off buying a three year old, just out of warranty GT if monthly payment is your biggest driver.

As for X-Plan, it's basically Tier 1 supplier pricing. Certain companies and organizations that have close relationships with Ford, get better pricing for their employees and members. I had it while I was at Lockheed Martin, and as a member of MCA, you get it, as well. There's an FAQ on it, but essentially, you request a PIN, which entitles you to the pricing, go to a dealer that accepts X-Plan (not all do) with your PIN and MCA membership card, and they show you the price - Invoice - 1%. For my 2016 GT Premium, it took my price from about $41k down to roughly $38k.

JR

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
JR
Are you saying X Plan equals invoice minus 1%? Then X Plan would be better than $100.00 over invoice. I read that there were several adders to reach X plan pricing.
Thanks

Paul J.
91 GT Hatch P1SC, AFR, etc. owned since new
94GT Convert Automatic, 30K Miles
2009 Sable Premier
2007 Ram 1500 Sport
1957 Fairlane 500 HT E Code, dual quads.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Ford Guy View Post
JR
Are you saying X Plan equals invoice minus 1%? Then X Plan would be better than $100.00 over invoice. I read that there were several adders to reach X plan pricing.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure X plan isn't below invoice. It's slightly above invoice from what I remember. Maybe 1% above but not below. Somebody here who works at Ford can tell you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015
Rookie

As for a lease for $200 that'll be really hard to snag. I know guys that are leasing new fords and pay in the low 400s. I believe one has an explorer and the other a fusion. Those are different cars so it may not be the best comparison, but my gut is that since there usually aren't many good deals on mustangs due to their popularity, it'd be extremely hard to lease one that low.

If you end up figuring something out financially and qualify for x plan (tons of info on it all over the net-even on their website), do note that it's best to try out different dealers in different cities and see how they play around with it. Location plays a role in pricing and different dealers do their own incentives all the time. For example, I live in Louisville where we have 2 huge Ford production plants, and it obviously plays a big role in terms of popularity and employment. Many major companies around here, including the one I work for, get X plan simply because of Fords popularity and presence in the city, and theres thousands of Ford employees here who get A plan. As a result, all the Ford dealer prices here tend to be a lot higher, even for Kentucky, a generally cheap state. We have numerous Ford dealers around town, and when I shopped around, most weren't even willing to haggle much on the price cause if I don't buy, there's probably a ford employee with A plan who will get $2000 knocked off and buy it. I drove an hour and 30minutes away to Lexington, KY, where Ford obviously doesn't play as big of a role there, and they had some insane dealer sales. The brand new 2016 V6 I ended up getting was advertised for $21,991 and after some haggling, I left that day paying $22,200 after fees and all. The cheapest V6 model advertised here in Louisville was $25,000 at the time. The prices are jacked up so they can still make $ off the Ford employees even after the A plan. Here's the catch-with the deal I got, I did not even end up using my X plan discount because the dealers in Lexington said that if someone qualifies for X plan, that takes away the dealer sale and they just take it off the MSRP. In my case, it would have costed me more to use the X plan than to just haggle some off the dealer sale. In Louisville, they have occasional small dealer sales and will take the A plan/X plan discounts off the sale (based off what I've heard) simply because they already have them priced above MSRP. So to sum it all up, if you can figure out a way financially to get a deal you want, it's all about location and the way each dealer is managed. Had I just stayed local and bought in Louisville, I would have paid $2000 more even with X plan than I did without X plan not even 100 miles away. There are also tons of random discounts out there that you can hunt down too. For example, I got $500 off because of me being a student. It's all a big strategic game, even with the X plan. Sometimes driving a little out of your away can save you a lot and you can end up with an unbelievable deal, just takes some patience.

Hope this helps...

And to those figuring out the percentage on X plan-if it helps, the X plan offer I was shown at the dealer was about $900 off the MSRP for a 2016 V6 6spd model.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015
Rookie

.....and I just realized this post is from August. Hope anyone reading this can find it useful cause it took forever to type. -__-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page