I need info!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

I need info!!

I am a 16 year old about to buy my first car. I have my heart set on a 68 mustang but my friend won't shut up about making his Miata have 250 horsepower and how he's gonna beat everyone. I need to know what engine swap I can do to kick his ass but I'm on a pretty tight budget. I figure I'll have around 4,000-4,500 for just upgrades not the car alone so if you could help me with what engine swap I could do and what type of upgrades I can do to make it as fast as possible. (Mpg does not matter to me so I'm not looking for efficiency)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the site! I wouldn't recommend throwing a bunch of money into an engine swap, spend the money on upgrading your suspension and brakes so you can make it to 17! Let him have the faster car you'll still have the cooler one.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the advice but my parents are already taking care of everything related to safety. The money I have is purely for upgrades.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
did you end up modding anything? also side note your friend is driving a MIATA you will be cruising in a mustang .. the only reason that car can put up any sort of fight is because it ways very little.. there are a lot of options for engine swaps, like strokers, 351's 429's but honestly you are 16 and im sure youre tired of hearing it but dont kill yourself man these cars make a lot of power you want to make it to your twenties when stuff really gets fun dont worry about some dork in a miata (no offense im sure hes your friend) and you will have a bad ass mustang enjoy it chicks will love it forget the racing crap save that for the track im speaking from experience here i know what its like but trust me its better to have a sweet car cruising and picking up chicks than it is wrecking (and if you make it out alive) driving around some crap box wishing you still had that sweet mustang!

94' GT N/A 331 C.I. All forged internals, CAI, AFR 185's(w/spring and valve upgrade), comp cams ultra gold 1.7 RR's, custom ground cam, 34# injectors,BBK 70mm tb, BBK longtubes w/ matching H-pipe, 5 spd short throw,stage 3 clutch, FRPP flywheel, 7qt oil pan, fluidyne radiator, prothane motor mounts and tons more! everything assembled/built by me except the shortblock!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016
Rookie

5 years from now, if you take any care of your '68 at all, it will likely be worth more than it is today. The Miata will be worth half what it is today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
engine type , first car , need to kick his ass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page