New 2016 V6 or used 2015 V6 Premium? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question New 2016 V6 or used 2015 V6 Premium?

All right guys, I need help deciding whether to get a new 2016 V6 (base model, no packages/options) or a used 2014 V6 Premium in great condition with heated leather seats and so on.

The major dilemma here is that I test drove the 2016 model and felt it was a lot less...I don't know. Less aggressive. I've driven a 2012 V6 and it felt a lot more exciting to drive. Is it just me, or is there an actual difference here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016
Rookie

Thumbs up

It depends on the price and miles of the 2014 V6 Premium. I have a 2014 V6 Premium and love it! I have never driven the S550 mustang so I don't know the driving differences.

2014 Mustang V6 MCA DIB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Glad to hear you love the 2014!! I don't know if maybe the S550's more comfortable suspension is tricking me. The price listed is $17,500 and 18,xxx miles. I'm guessing I could probably negotiate it down a bit.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016
PONY Member

I have a 2012 V6 base 6-speed and love it as well. My only complaint is the suspension/handling. For that reason I'd probably go with the 2016. Then again I've never driven a 2016, so not sure if it's any better.

2012 Mustang v6
1969 Porsche 912
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVoigt View Post
I have a 2012 V6 base 6-speed and love it as well. My only complaint is the suspension/handling. For that reason I'd probably go with the 2016. Then again I've never driven a 2016, so not sure if it's any better.
same here I had a 2012 v6 with the performance package my 07 rides and handles better.
I would go for the new one since no one knows how the used one was driven and cared for. anyone could like me get one that was well abused cleaned up and sold as a certified preowned car leaving open the possibility of big headaches with the dealer saying that's normal to get out of fixing it.
case being mine had trans issues, when cold it would grind into 2nd,3rd and 4th, hot had a bad nitch into those, dealer always said normal. charged me over 200 dollars to change the oil to the dual clutch junk . the problem turned out to be the clutch slave leaking
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
Rookie

I have 2016 V6 all standard. Basic systems, 6spd, cloth seating, etc and I honestly couldn't be happier with it. It handles like a dream. Better than any car I've ever driven.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
PONY Member

Both great vehicles. Comes down to personal preference. But, here's a contest you can't lose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page