2016 GT - Advice Request (Price and Trim) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2016 GT - Advice Request (Price and Trim)

A couple of months the forum gave me great advice on pricing an 08 Mustang GT Premium. The end result - I decided to walk away. Fast forward to this week - I wanted to see what the best deal could be for a 2016 new Mustang GT. I think I have a great price - hoping for comment. Also, I'm looking at the bare bones GT - has anyone done that and regretted it?

My approach (feel free to comment):

1) Go for base model instead of premium. While I'll miss the leather, and some of the other features are cool, none of those features are must haves (at least I think that's the case).
2) Go for one with minimal options. I like the standard wheels. While I won't drive it in winter, I'm thinking the all season tires are ok. That said, wonder if I'll regret the tire decision.
3) Through work I get x-plan pricing. Incentives right now total $3000 ($500 from Ford, $1500 competitive conquest, and $1000 private cash)

With that approach, I can get out the door (southwest Michigan) for $30,300 (excluding plates but including tax, title, doc fees, etc.). There's one in stock about an hour away.

Thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
Rookie

I just bought my 2016 GT two months ago. The car is awesome. If you can get your car out the door for the price you quoted, it sounds like a great deal. My car is almost completely base, the only options I got were an automatic trans and a spare tire. Even the base model comes with a lot of great features. I love the stock wheels. As to your concerns, tires and wheels are pretty easy to come by. You can always replace the stock tires with stickier rubber, the cost is a lot less than the PP and the handling will be about the same. As far as the wheels go, they can be replaced any time with 19 or 20's when the mood strikes you, but keep in mind 18" tires cost less. I have always had a cloth interior, I like the way cloth looks and it stays cooler.
Hope this helps. I think you should go for it, you won't regret it.

Dennis

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the response - helps!

It's the manual transmission - forgot to mention that. I almost bought a 2012 4 years ago but the MT82 didn't have the best reputation when it came out. I also didn't like the made in China part. I haven't found as many concerns in the last few years around it and I think I need to get over it.

I started out thinking I had to have the premium, but when I stepped back and compared features I realized maybe it's not so important. Resale will be lower, but not planning on doing that for a long time

Off to the dealer tonight to take a long test drive and sit in a premium one last time as a reality check.

Tom

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I don't think I got a good deal but not terrible, but I just paid $36.5k for my 2016 GT. Mines a Performance package, with Recaro's ($1600) and the dealer option added the Shelby GT350 stripes ($1600) and I also got suckered into buying the interior protection thing for like $600.

That said I love everything about my car, much nicer then the previous model years (I had a 2012 base v6), I just got done adding the LED upgrade package from diode dynamics so now every light on the car is LED inside and out!

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page