$5000 off MSRP Behavior? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

$5000 off MSRP Behavior?

I was looking at some dealers near me, I was able to find some where they had 2/3 on the lot with same exact year/trim/options/color, only differences were only a single $395 option, yet the dealer would sell only the -$395 at 5000 off while other was like maybe just $750 off at most, same practice applied to another dealership too, but they often sell fast, but then pop up again once in a while.

I was wondering what based the dealers to do that? same color same trim same options but one would be missing security package or 3.55 gears and get the great discount. possible shipping hidden damage? mileage was like 3-5 miles so far.

But at least I can use it as negotiating power even if they sold already, printed the window sticker of heavily discounted one, took screen shots of the discounted final price with the vin showing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My `13 GT `vert was sitting right next to a `14 GT `vert with the same options/color etc. The dealer was taking around $9,000 off the `13, & only $3000 off the `14. That`s how I ended up with a `13 MY.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am seeing the higher discounts when you go to cars or autotrader etc and look at only the $35-$39K range for new GT premiums and notice the much higher original MSRP discount, then I go see that the dealer actually has practical clones, but not discounted much.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016
Rookie

Garage
It's called BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016
PONY Member

Garage
Wait until you actually try to buy that cheap one. They'll do everything in their power to steer you into a less discounted one. Be wary of those add that say in the small print "one at this price".

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordGT View Post
It's called BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!
But I actually went to one of the lots and did see the matched price on the window sticker that had the huge discount when I was getting my car's oil change done and it was same as listed online and saw the other next to it with like just the 3.55 gears, but $3000 more.

No sales person even walked up to me, I think cause they probably saw my Quicklane sheet in hand earlier. I did not inquire at that time. but the discounted cars get sold first, so someone must have done their homework?

Isn't bait and switch where they post a car that is already sold or not on lot anymore and have you try to buy another car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page