Buy a 2011 Supercharged GT or 2016 GT? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coosawjack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Buy a 2011 Supercharged GT or 2016 GT?

As the title says, I am thinking about buying a 2011 mustang gt premium with tons of goodies here is the link. https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5575652877.html

Or should I buy a 2016 mustang gt for a bit more?

I currently have a 2013 v6 and love it just want a lot more power.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Are you just dead set on buying a supercharged Mustang?

You've made a few threads about it.

Personally, I would get the brand new one if you can afford it. Then mod it yourself. I wouldn't consider buying a used Mustang that was already heavily modded, especially with forced induction.

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

just looking for something with a ton of power.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016
GT Member

I have the car for you:

2012 Paxton charged mustang for sale done right with tremec magnum xl & much more!!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Go with the 2016 and save SC for future.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016
Rookie

Garage
Why not just take the money and put it into a supercharger or turbo for your current ride? New exhaust. Headers. Good tune. Throttle body. etc

C is for Cookies. That's good enough for me.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzberries View Post
As the title says, I am thinking about buying a 2011 mustang gt premium with tons of goodies here is the link. https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5575652877.html

Or should I buy a 2016 mustang gt for a bit more?

I currently have a 2013 v6 and love it just want a lot more power.
If it's a super charged car you want and you're willing to go with "used"......... why buy a potential time BOMB with no possible recourse?

Instead?

If I were you and really wanted the extra power.......I'd be hunting down a 13 or 14 GT500....... if you can find one free of the stupidity that is a warranty killing changes (that should be easy enough)........ you could extend warranty coverage through Ford's premium care and then FLOG the CRAP out of your new ride and when things inevitably break.......it's on Ford's nickel not yours.

Then again I'm not sure because you didn't say so........but would a Coyote motor be enough power without the super charging?

If you're actually considering a '16 GT..... you get a lot more than you currently have, even if does come up well short of a 600HP+ monster.

But I'm with others who have already posted.

Under absolutely NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I ever consider a used mustang that has been super charged by the owner. That's way too much faith to put in both the builder and the idea that car's engine isn't already damaged and ready to let go 5 minutes after I buy it.

Honestly without the potential to warranty I wouldn't consider even a GT500. I figure anyone who buys a 662 HP car has almost certainly beaten on it.......if not why the hell did they buy it?

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini9 View Post
Why not just take the money and put it into a supercharger or turbo for your current ride? New exhaust. Headers. Good tune. Throttle body. etc
Probably because he said his car is a V6.

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016
Apprentice

The money used to supercharge or turbo a v6 surpasses a 5.0 with some bolt ons making similar power. I want a procharger but it's not worth it at this point :/

2014 Automatic V6 Grabber Blue| Roush Axle backs| JLT CAI| 93 Oct Bama race Tune| SR Strut Tower Brace| GTCS Spoiler|
PONY Member

The new car is the best way long term!!
freewayflyer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page