2016/2017 Mustang Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2016/2017 Mustang Question

This is going to be a weird one.

I had a 2011 Mustang Convertible - it was beautiful, my favorite car. Red color, with black racing stripe. Loved the car... but it was uncomfortable for me. My issue stemmed from the fact that the seats had limited adjust ability, so when you tried adjusting the back, it's either at a 90 degree angle or 45 degree angle - it wasn't electronic, it was "click in manual".

So anyway, I had to sell it. I bought a Focus SE, and the seat is just fine on it. I'm not sure why they choose to have a worse seat in the Stang than the Focus, but they do.

Fast forward to now, and I'm looking at it again. I'm going over to my dealer next week, but does anyone own a 2016 that they can take a picture of the seat adjustments? I'm looking at the V6 fastback.

Or, similarly, does anyone know what the new 2017's will offer in that way?

Told you it was a weird one..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
The 16s have lumbar adjustment as well as the independent front and rear bottom height adjustment. AS LONG AS YOU GET THE 6 way powered seats. If you don't spring for the upgraded seats in he v6 then you get basic stuff again. Also once you get the upgraded seats you are within a couple hundred of the ECOBOOST base price which includes the electric seats.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016
Rookie

It's going to be tough in the V6 version because now the 6-banger is Fords' true BASE Mustang. However, if i'm not mistaking- (i work for Ford) even the new V6's have Power seats, so you should have lumbar support and the 6-way power seats even in a base deluxe V6. Good Luck, (i am going to confirm the V6 base Mustangs' having no more manual seats) I'm 80% sure though, now it's going to bother me until i confirm lol

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016
Rookie

Okay, here you go- this should help: Make sure your new V6 Mustang 2017 Model Year has: Equipment Group 050A:

Included in Equipment Group
Blade Decklid Spoiler – Body-Color I
18” Foundry Black-painted Machined-aluminum Wheels (includes
235/50R 18 BSW All-Season (A/S) Tires)
I
LED Fog Lamps I
6-way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar I
Free

THIS IS RIGHT FROM 2017 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016
Rookie

The reason why i haven't seen one with manual seats since the s197 v6's is because on the s550's they're only built into the TRUE BASE (mainly reserved and built only for FLEETS such as AVIS, Dollar, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car companies, but for Dealers (including myself), we don't build to stock them like that, and the only way your going to find one with the manual seats is mainly 1) If you Factory Order it that way or 2) If you buy an ex rental used. Good Luck! (You can always e-mail me and i will just get you the car you want for the price you want to pay like i offer all AFM members here NOT given to the public

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page