To bra or not to bra - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

To bra or not to bra

Just got a new to me 2012 GT/CS and am considering putting a bra on it to protect the front end. I would probably not leave it on for more than a week or two at a time (remove for washes).

Any opinions on this? What are the good brands out there?

I've also considering one of the "clear bra" products but they appear to be more expensive.

2012 Race Red GT/CS convertible. Ford Racing short throw shifter, GT 500 axle backs, 3.73 rear end, Ford Racing tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
MACH I Member

Garage
They do help protect the front, but if you get one, be sure to take it off frequently to air it out and to air out the hood, etc. Leaving it on for a long time will dull the paint/clearcoat etc... A better solution....look at the Expel Clear Bra.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
PONY Member

I use a black vinyl LeBra on my vehicles but as was said you need to remove it weekly when you clean the rest of the car to make it work well. I like the look of it more than the clear ones. You could also make one from carbon fiber 3m wrap that would work like the clear but look like the black.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
PONY Member

Garage
I've encountered a couple of bra users and they apparently didn't get them tight enough and driving on the highway caused it to scuff the paint along it's edges.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie S. View Post
Just got a new to me 2012 GT/CS and am considering putting a bra on it to protect the front end. I would probably not leave it on for more than a week or two at a time (remove for washes).

Any opinions on this? What are the good brands out there?

I've also considering one of the "clear bra" products but they appear to be more expensive.
I cant get off the floor I'm laughing so hard. If you didn't preface this was for a 2012 GT I would pass along what the other half prefers, a Maidenform. And a week is too long to leave it on.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
PONY Member

According to my wife, maidenform is junk.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis98146 View Post
I've encountered a couple of bra users and they apparently didn't get them tight enough and driving on the highway caused it to scuff the paint along it's edges.
Scuffing occurs when dust and dirt and other abrasives get under it, if it's kept clean it will actually polish the paint very slightly.
You also need to install it on the warmest day of the year in full sun after letting it warm up in the sun for several minutes before starting.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019
Rookie

Garage
Well, I think from the title of your post you are asking if you should put a bra on or not?
Not trying to be condescending but my personal opinion are bra's are pretty dated and do more harm then good.
I have a clear bra to protect the front end of my mustang and I love it. its taken a few flying rocks and no discernible damage, plus bugs are pretty easy to clean off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page