Ford Mustang Forum banner

Black Boosts Detail Thread

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackBoost2015 
#1 ·
So tomorrow I pick up my black boosted GT and while the mods were done by the dealership the previous owner didnt follow proper washing techniques. So I will be doing a full detail to it over the course of a week or so. I will list all the stuff I use and post pictures as I do it. Planning on doing decon soap in my foam cannon followed by iron remover and claying. After Ill be wiping it down car pro eraser. Ill be then compounding it then polishing it followed up with a ceramic coat if I can get my hands on some product, if not ill be applying a glaze, sealant then hybrid wax. A bit overkill but comes out great on all my other cars Ive done so far. Below Ill be putting a product and tool list. Im sure itll grow as I do the detail, but if your interested in what I'm doing feel free to watch this thread and ask questions! (wish they made meguiars MF pads for the nano but its not a perfect world.

Tools:
Rupes Bigfoot nano
Rupes LHR75E Mini 3"
Rupes LHR15 Mark 3
Rupes yellow and white pads
Meguiars MF cut pads
Various MF towels
Kranzle 1322TS
MTM PF22
3M Percision Masking Tape

Products:
Carpro Eraser
Optimum Ferrex
Jescar Correcting compound
Sonax perfect finish
OG decontamination Soap
Not sure yet what protection Im going to go with yet

See less See more
#4 ·
What were the mods done by the dealership?

#12 ·
Looking great. Hope she stays that pretty. I remember going through all that trouble with my 2016 only to painfully watch mine get chip after chip after chip in the paint from rocks on the highway. I really hope that doesn't happen to you as it drove me vein popping mad. With my 2019 I drove it straight from the dealership lot to the tint shop and had the 3m paint protection film put on the whole front end. So far no chips and all the bugs and tar wipe right off. If I do get any swirls the film will correct once in the sun. Stuff is truly amazing and worth every penny if you care about keeping your car looking like new. If you find a good installer it's almost impossible to even notice the wrap on the car at all. Something to consider.

#13 ·
This car will only be driving during the good months probably only 5-8k miles a year. I'll keep it as nice as I can while enjoying it. If after 5-7 years the paint is chewed up I might just get it repainted. Though by then who knows what mustangs will look like or how much power they come with stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.