louvers and tint suggestions/help for my 2000 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

louvers and tint suggestions/help for my 2000 Mustang

Hey, I was interested in getting a rear louver installed on my '00, and was wondering (this may sound dumb) if i should get the rear window tinted as well, or does that ruin the whole point of having louvers? I was thinking this because what happens to the side windows (door and quarter) after that, if i want them tinted? Basically will it look funny having sides tinted and back not tinted, but with louvers?

Also, same dilemma, but on the quarter windows i want to get the scoop/louvers. Do i tint as well, or just leave them?

Thanks for input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
I more than likely would not tint the rear. Would not do much.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008
PONY Member

I am planning on doing the same thing. I did have the dealer tint all my windows but instead of doing the normal limo black in the rear I told them to tint the front as dark as legally possible then use the same color on the side and rear. I figure with the lighter tint and the louvers I will get the same effect as if I had limo black.

06 Vista Blue Premium GT, Automatic, CDC Shaker Hood System, Pioneer AVIC Z2 DVD/ Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Rear Window Louvers, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, SHR Honeycomb Panel,SHR Flush Mount Louvers, Stainless Tail light Bezels, FRPP Stingers, 3D Carbon Side Scoops, C&L Street CAI, SCT X2 W/ 93 Street-Race Tune, Sequential Turn Signals, CDC Hood Struts, TCI Street Fighter Shifter

Member MCOH & MCA

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008
V6 Member

tint for you back window is gonna be pretty expensive ($75-$100) and if you think you can do it yourself let me just remind you of how large the window is and how awkward it is to get to it. I tinted my own windows and didnt have problems untill the back one. I got it up there and could not get the thing n e where near where it needed to be and ended up just tearing the whole thing off. i dont think you need tint but the same tint as ur front windows wouldnt be a bad idea.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008
PONY Member

When I had the Dealer do mine it was after I had already had the car for a couple of weeks. I took it back for some touch ups and asked them if they would have the people who tint their cars do it while it was there. It cost me $150 but I got it done right and they installed the proper moleskin wipes and its covered under my warranty now.

06 Vista Blue Premium GT, Automatic, CDC Shaker Hood System, Pioneer AVIC Z2 DVD/ Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Rear Window Louvers, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, SHR Honeycomb Panel,SHR Flush Mount Louvers, Stainless Tail light Bezels, FRPP Stingers, 3D Carbon Side Scoops, C&L Street CAI, SCT X2 W/ 93 Street-Race Tune, Sequential Turn Signals, CDC Hood Struts, TCI Street Fighter Shifter

Member MCOH & MCA
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008
PONY Member
2.3L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to Mustanq
Hey I have a 1991 LX and what I did was add the rear window louvers and then added 5% Charcoal gray tint to the rear window. Also I tinted the quarter window windows and will be getting the quarter window louvers soon. To me it looks great both inside and out.

1991 2.3L Mustang LX - Daily driver

Flowmaster Muffler Original 40 series, Rear Window Louvers, Black GT style taillights, Weld Draglites 15x7 Front, 15x8 Rear.

1984 2.3T Mustang SVO
- Resto in process
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member

executioner i was looking at the pictures of your car and i like it but i think u should get wider and bigger wheel and it will look super good. i like the louvers too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member

if anybody knows where to find the louvers at .... cheap .. will you please send me a private message with the addy. .. thanks !!!

Tim
2000 GT
Loud pipes save lives!
"If they can read your plates, you ain't going fast enough!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrstang View Post
tint for you back window is gonna be pretty expensive ($75-$100) and if you think you can do it yourself let me just remind you of how large the window is and how awkward it is to get to it. I tinted my own windows and didnt have problems untill the back one. I got it up there and could not get the thing n e where near where it needed to be and ended up just tearing the whole thing off. i dont think you need tint but the same tint as ur front windows wouldnt be a bad idea.

wow tint jobs in different area's are pricey.... i paid $75 to tint my doors 1/4s and rear had 20% on front and 5% on the rest...

also paid $75 total for my wifes 2008 mazda 3 5 door.... which was 4 doors 2 1/4s and the rear.. 20% all around..

75 to 100 just for the back your tint place is ripping you off.
PONY Member
2.3L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to Mustanq
I actually only paid 20 bucks to do mine? 5%. Did you have someone do it for you is that why it's that pricey? I got my qrt windows and the back.

1991 2.3L Mustang LX - Daily driver

Flowmaster Muffler Original 40 series, Rear Window Louvers, Black GT style taillights, Weld Draglites 15x7 Front, 15x8 Rear.

1984 2.3T Mustang SVO
- Resto in process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page