Can I pull off the carbon fiber look - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Can I pull off the carbon fiber look

i've been looking into a new hood forever now and ive narrowed it down to, fiberglass mach 2 hood, or vis racing CF hood. i know everyone thinks its "ricey" but id have to disagree. i think it looks really good especially on silver cars. what do you think, yay or nay, either way i think im getting the cf, just wanted some opinions

1999 3.8 v6 mustang, 5speed, Option racing CAI, dual flowmaster 40's, Spec stage 2 clutch, 3.73's, FRPP T-lok, B&M short throw shifter, Diablo Predator 93 octane tune, BBK throttle body, Cobra r wheels, SMR# 1099
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010
ModsStang

Look, you have to do what you like... it's not my car... and they make so many different options because we all have different tastes in the ways our cars should look....

If you like it, get it - because if you get the other, you'll regret you didn't get the CF one...

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

I agree with JudisStang get what the hell you want. Is the Vis CF hood you're talking about look like the 03/04 Cobra hood? If it is that one go for it! Would look great on a silver car and another thing you could do is get a CF trunk to match.

10+ Year Mustang owner.
99 Mustang GT - mint condition
-
04 Terminator - Pullied, diablo predator tuner with dyno tune, airbags, MM subs/cc plates, Wilwood brakes, 4 point roll bar, FR500 steering wheel, staggered bullitts, JLT cai, Magnaflow exhaust, mgw shifter

00 V6 - Kenny Brown V6 stuff, Dr Gas x pipe

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

yeah thats the one im lookin at, i would get the trunk but its more expensive than the hood!

1999 3.8 v6 mustang, 5speed, Option racing CAI, dual flowmaster 40's, Spec stage 2 clutch, 3.73's, FRPP T-lok, B&M short throw shifter, Diablo Predator 93 octane tune, BBK throttle body, Cobra r wheels, SMR# 1099
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Get it if u like the way it looks, plus your car is going to look different from all the other silver mustangs

1995 GT 5 Speed: SOLD :RECOVERED
BBK CAI, 15% Tint, 40's Flowmasters, MGW Short Trow Shifter
18" Black Deep Dish Bullits, 8" Shorty Antenna, Polished Billet Grille
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

thats what i was going for. too many stock silver mustangs running around here

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010
Apprentice

I say do it! cf looks killer and will give your stang a whole new attitude.

1989 Mustang 5.0l Race Weight 2700lbs
331 stroker, AFR 185 heads, BBK SSI intake with spacer, 75mm throttle body, Anderson power pipe, Pro-M mass air, 10.4mm Taylor wires, MSD 6AL & coil, MSD Distributor, SCT chip,, BBK long tube, Magnaflow race mufflers with dumps, 5 lug 17"/18" Cobras with Nitto 555/NT01R and 15" Draglites with M/T slicks, 99GT brake swap, Aluminum Rad and Flex lite fan, TKO600, Mcleod hydraulic clutch kit, FordRacing flywheel & V2 clutch, Alum. drive shaft, 3.73 gears, Narrowed 8.8, Moser 31 spline, Fiberglass Harwood 3" cowl hood & front fenders, Momo Steering wheel, B&M shifter, Corbeau cam lock harness, Rear seat delete, MM bolt in cage, MM front strut bar, MM front sway bar, UPR torque box reinforcement, Zex black out nitrous kit,
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudisStang View Post
Look, you have to do what you like... it's not my car... and they make so many different options because we all have different tastes in the ways our cars should look....

If you like it, get it - because if you get the other, you'll regret you didn't get the CF one...
Got to agree with Judi. Some may like it and some may not. It is your ride.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page