paint job on my car - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

paint job on my car

I have a 2008 california special convertible. Sorry to say but ford suck supremely on the paint job. Almost like I got a very thin black paint job. Love my car and it needs a paint job. Need a ball park figure for a good paint job and clear coat. Out of ontario canada. please advice and thanks Love the mustang form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010
MACH I Member

I once read an article in Corvette Quarterly magazine about how they use different primer colors for various body colors. At first it sounded neat that they used white primer under light colors like white and yellow, and they used red primer under various shades of solid and metallic red paints. Then the article explained that this was all done so if the body color paint was applied too thin the primer wouldn't show through and they wouldn't have to repaint the car. And this is done on brand new Corvettes. Nice guys, huh?

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JConium View Post
I have a 2008 california special convertible. Sorry to say but ford suck supremely on the paint job. Almost like I got a very thin black paint job. Love my car and it needs a paint job. Need a ball park figure for a good paint job and clear coat. Out of ontario canada. please advice and thanks Love the mustang form
i think you should try looking at the 2010s colors they're pretty nice or look at mystic i really like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Paul View Post
I once read an article in Corvette Quarterly magazine about how they use different primer colors for various body colors. At first it sounded neat that they used white primer under light colors like white and yellow, and they used red primer under various shades of solid and metallic red paints. Then the article explained that this was all done so if the body color paint was applied too thin the primer wouldn't show through and they wouldn't have to repaint the car. And this is done on brand new Corvettes. Nice guys, huh?
i guess the gm guys didn't want the people with the vettes to come back and complain to them. when i was first reading ur post i thought wow the ppl who make the vettes must really want to ensure the vettes color doesnt demolish...nope

98 Mustang Gt vert mods BBK CAI, MAC o/r H-pipe, SLM LM1 Resonators SOLD!
96 Mustang Cobra Battery relocation kit, 4.10 ford racing gears, bbk long tube headers, bbk x pipe, flowmaster 40 series SOLD!
99 Mustang GT hooker long tube headers, Custom X-pipe, Pypes Violators, MAC CAI, accufab throttle body, throttle body spacer, typhoon aluminum intake manifold, steeda race wing, aluminum racing pullies, ford racing 4.10s, 3500 torque converter, SCT Tuner coming in 6/29/11

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010
Rookie

Any Suggestions? Helping Automakers with Factory Paint Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JConium View Post
The auto industry uses our technology for paint durability measurements (film thickness).

We have issued two press releases and have contacted Ford Senior Management on the
impact of outsourcing paint applications process and quality control to the Paint Suppliers.

Press Release 1
New Books Reveal Vehicle Paint Quality Flaws Associated with Outsourcing

Press Release 2
Billions Discovered for Recovery by Automakers

Two books have been released:
Basic Guide - For the Consumer
Technical Guide - For The Automaker and Auto Dealer

"MAKING IT RIGHT'
Why your Car Payments
are lasting longer than your
FACTORY PAINT JOB

Research data on the Mustang in certain years from the factory shows they were
released to the automaker, auto dealer and consumer below Ford's paint thickness
specifications.

Low film thickness results in paint peeling, stone chipping and body rusting.

Paint applied too thick will crack.

The majority of Mustangs in certain years were released below the required thickness specification.

We are advocating a "Truth in Finish Disclosure" to protect automakers, auto dealers and consumers.

You may want to advise your auto dealer on the book and do a search inside the book for additional information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page