Those who have changed paint color - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to madmaxin22
Those who have changed paint color

on your stangs,, what made you decide on a specific color?? im not talking wild azz crazy paint jobs but just changing the color and doing it right and painting all the door jambs but prob not under the hood. i will be getting my upr color painted in the spring and have been thinking of changing the color on my 87..see pic... to a dark non metallic blue like patriot blue on the dodge trucks...because it wouldnt be a drastic change but would stand out more. i have a spare wing from the stang im parting out and thought about getting it painted that color just to hold up next to the car and see what it would look like. i could get this done for around 25 bucks i think and might just do it before i go and change colors...

or should i get it painted red and swap it w/ a buddies saleer wing he has on his 4cyl. what do you guys think a saleen wing would like on my GT or stay w/ the stock wing??

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 159.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	3390  

2011 5.0/6spd- gt500 axleback
2011 ram crew Mango Tango

Last edited by madmaxin22; 11-28-2003 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member

When I paint mine , I'm going with a chrome yellow . There are just too many red , black , blue , and white stangs . imho

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I went with a complete color change, from Red/Black to Yellow Black. I just didn't want a Red car, because I've owned enough of those already in my life. I chose Yellow after I saw the color on a 1970 Chevy Nova at Boston's World of Wheels show about 4 years ago. It just so happened that the guy that I hired to do my car also painted that one and knew the paint color. It's 2001 Nissan X-Terra Yellow.

I decided to also have him paint all of the jambs and the engine compartment because I wanted a show quality job. After going to hundreds of shows, I got a first hand look of what I wanted and didn't want in a paint job.

Here's a before and after pic.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nal_II-med.JPG

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum..._side_-med.JPG

1979 Mustang Cobra
306/T-5/4.30's
[email protected]

1989 Mustang LX
306/T-5/3.73's
[email protected]

Last edited by Fordgazm1; 11-28-2003 at 12:49 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I know I've said it before but, Hissing Cobra that is one hella fine looking ride you got.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Thanks! It's almost done. After 4 long years, it's just about ready to see the pavement! Full coverage on the insurance will be definitely had.

1979 Mustang Cobra
306/T-5/4.30's
[email protected]

1989 Mustang LX
306/T-5/3.73's
[email protected]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003
Banned

my choice of color under ANY hood is black, so when I can pull the engine out of my 86 and spend the time to strip the engine bay, the engine bay will be gloss black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page