Detailing exterior products question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Detailing exterior products question

Once I figured out how to do what I need, I wanted to know what are the best products that I should use. Now, I understand everyone will have their own opinion, so I want to know is why you have chosen your product over others.

The main ones I see are the following, please tell me the main differences between the them and which one should be used for what kind of shine. I really want a high gloss look; I want my paint looking like a mirror.

Turtle Ice
Zaino
NXT Gen 2.0
Web Obsession (this site has a lot of pics of how I want the gloss to look)
Carnuba
eagle one - nano wax (suggested by a friend)

I didn't find any comparisons in sealants and polishes, what should I use? Can I find what I need a Walmart?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

www.tropi-care.com hands down... I keep saying the same thing over and over... But I've done Auto Detail for 16 years and this is by far the easiest to apply and remove- and its surprisingly affordable
As to your question, the only thing you name that's worth a thought is Zaino... I used that for a little while... No thanks

'88 Fox... Stroked for her pleasure
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudd View Post
www.tropi-care.com hands down... I keep saying the same thing over and over... But I've done Auto Detail for 16 years and this is by far the easiest to apply and remove- and its surprisingly affordable
As to your question, the only thing you name that's worth a thought is Zaino... I used that for a little while... No thanks
I don't know about tropi-care but I disagree with your dissing of the other products on his list.

I have used Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish and then a day later used Meguiars NXT wax and got fantastic results. And either one alone will do a great job.

I have not used Wet Obsession yet but I have used Obsessive Detail's Waterless Wash and Fast Shine and both are excellent products. And I have read rave reviews of their Wet Obsession wax.

Bottom line....there are many great products out there. Some offer more protection but a little less shine. Others offer more shine but a less protection.

I'm sure Tropi-care is another one of the many excellent products on the market. I will probably look that up and may try it as well.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
Rookie

Wet Obsession is a great wax. Chemical Guys = great, Wolfgang has great products also. Remember, you need to remove swirls and scratches in order for your paint to POP. You do this with a polish and an orbital like a porter cable 3425. Don't use a rotary polisher unless u have experience ( you can easily burn through your paint). Look at your car in the sunlight and you'll see the swirls. If you wax by hand and they disappear then the wax is full of fillers masking/covering the swirls.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
I use Adams Products on my car. From detail spray to wax.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Does anyone have opinions about the brand for polish and swirl and scratch remover?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRipberger View Post
Does anyone have opinions about the brand for polish and swirl and scratch remover?
Never had to use anything like that.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010
Rookie

Chemical guys-scratch and swirl b gone then pro polish, Meguiars M105/M205, Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 then finishing glaze 3.0 all work fine.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

The key to a great shine is all in the prep. Claybar first then remove all swirls and scratchs ,that can only be done with a porter cable (very hard to do by hand) if you don't have one or can borrow one best thing to do is have a pro detail you car.They know how to handle the tool and it will cost about the same as buying one. Then comes time for wax what every you use is up to what you like best dif wax dif looks so find a car like your and if you like how it looks ask how it was done. Every wax has it's good points and bad and if you ask someone there wax is going to be the best ( ZAINO) lol. The key to keeping it great looking is in how you wash your car,never at a car wash hand wash only with two bucket method and a wash mit or towel( 100% cotton white only) and blow dry then towel dry down
use only the best towels never old tee shrits or old towels use dif mits and towels for your wheels and wheel wells I have found it helps to keep the car cleaner with a cover on it
JUST MY TWO CENTS

06 mustang gt 5 spd manual redfire/Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 # 372 /Tillman 93 tune/450 rwhp 435 rwt/GT 500 fuel system/high flow cats X pipe / chrome bullitt wheels / 10inch nitto 555/ MGW shifter /SLP Loudmouth/ sequential turn signals/J&M lca/ painted agent 47 mirrors and Zanio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page