Types of Paint let me know what you think - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member

Wink Types of Paint let me know what you think

So I am wanting to do something crazy with my mustang. are yall ready? well i am getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over so i found a company that offers glow in the dark paint for your car now yes at first it sounds like a stupid idea but during the day your car is whatever color it is so no big deal but at night it looks like this click below

http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/dat...dark_car_7.jpg

and the other colors it glows is blue and white. and its a additive that goes in the clear

tell me you dont think that is cool imagine hearing a mustang coming flying by you and all you see is something glowing drive right by you with a [email protected] exhaust let me know what you think

oh here is another link where same company offers chrome paint and her is a picture of an ALL CHROME mustang

Alsa Corp | MirraChrome: Product Showcase 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I think it's a fad like when the chameleon paint hit the market a few years ago. It was a nice touch when done right, but everyone jumped on the bandwagon and used it, people got tired of it, and now the only cars you see with it are the ones that the owner can't afford to repaint to get rid of it.
I say go for it if you want, but be prepared for it to be a worn out fad in a couple years.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
GT Member
5.0L Member

ehh kinda cool. It would get old quick tho. Plus i would assume it would cost some major $ to look right. It would be boring just having the whole car glow. You would need to do something cool like that pic.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I think I'd get tired of that pretty quick!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010
Rookie

Go To the house of kolor web site, they have so many custom candy colors and most of them you've never seen on cars before. You can also put differnt base colors down first to change the finished look, the paint is expensive tho and make sure who ever sprays it for you has exerience with candy paint the overlap has to perfect.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to DeadlyStang
Put a cool glow in the dark design and that'll be sick.
I wonder if it's illegal?

98 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 Convertible
Upcoming mods:
Convertible Light Bar,Hood Struts,Sequential Lights,DiabloSport Predator Tuner,T-lok and 4.10 gears
(Current mods on profile)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

put some glow stripes on it

Trickflow track heat upper/lower intake, 70mm elderbrock tb,1.6 fordracing RR, hooker headers, off road h pipe, alumium driveline, msd ignition, mgw shortthrow, 4.10s, kyb shocks, weld rodlights with skinnys,7qt moroso,front steeda springs with poly lowercontrol bushings an motor mounts,drilled sloted rotors. ET 14.049 at 98mph

installed,walbro 255,urp boostmastr,vortech s-trim at 8lbs with 39# injectors an 90mm bigair sct.powerd by pms
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstone209 View Post
Go To the house of kolor web site, they have so many custom candy colors and most of them you've never seen on cars before. You can also put differnt base colors down first to change the finished look, the paint is expensive tho and make sure who ever sprays it for you has exerience with candy paint the overlap has to perfect.
Agree 100% on HOK....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
mustang chrome glowndark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page