Window Tint what % need advice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Window Tint what % need advice

So this weekend im getting window tint but im debating what % to get. va state laws says no darker than 35% on rear windows and 50% on side windows.I defenitly dont wont a ticket for tint and with my luck with cops they wont let it slip. do any of you guys have pics of the legal setup? The guy told me you can barely see 50% that 35% all the way around looks good and shouldnt attract attention but like i said i dont like my luck with cops. Any comments or pics will be appreciated

2005 v6-14.8 1/4
Performance Mods~Mac Dual Exhaust with shorty ceramic headers, K&N typhoon CAI, SCT3 with 93 Brenspeed tune, BBK 70mm TB, Screamin Demon coil, JBA wires, Drilled and Slotted Rotors. J&M rear lower control arms
Visual Mods~ 17" boss rims on nittos 255/45's, clear front turn signals, chrome upper billet grille, window louvers, shaker500 w/ jlaudio 12" sub an amp in the trunk for some thump. kenwood excelon kdc-x396 deck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010
Rookie
5.0L Member

Well i live in NV and the law here is 35% for the front windows and no law on the rear windows. Personally i go 10% to 15% percent darker than law. so my front windows are 22% and the back since it doesn't matter i go 6%. I have been pulled over a few times and have never had a problem in all three of my vehicles and my stang attracts a lot of attention. If you would like a pic of my setup just let me know. Hope this helps.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010
Apprentice
2.3L Member

If you get a waiver from the dmv and get it signed by your family doctor then you can go as dark as you want. I have 4% on all of my windows including the front brow.

If you want to go dark then i would suggest looking into getting a waiver. 35% isnt that dark and to be honest i think its pointless

1993 Mustang LX
2.3L
4% Tint All Around
Pioneer 6" DVD Player

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i don't wanna go to dark my bro in law car was terrible at night i couldn't see ****. and 5 oh baby post a pic if you can. i would really like to see the the 50/35. how many % are there between 50 an 35 does it go by 5% or something?

2005 v6-14.8 1/4
Performance Mods~Mac Dual Exhaust with shorty ceramic headers, K&N typhoon CAI, SCT3 with 93 Brenspeed tune, BBK 70mm TB, Screamin Demon coil, JBA wires, Drilled and Slotted Rotors. J&M rear lower control arms
Visual Mods~ 17" boss rims on nittos 255/45's, clear front turn signals, chrome upper billet grille, window louvers, shaker500 w/ jlaudio 12" sub an amp in the trunk for some thump. kenwood excelon kdc-x396 deck
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010
Apprentice
2.3L Member

Here I just posted a new thread of some things I have done to my stang recently. The first few pics are of the tint on my car.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-my-stang.html

BTW.. Driving at night with 4% isnt that bad. It takes a little getting used to but I love it. I would'nt go any lighter. Just my opinion though

1993 Mustang LX
2.3L
4% Tint All Around
Pioneer 6" DVD Player
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

man thats black looks like you painted your windows haha. ill get pulled every day with that

2005 v6-14.8 1/4
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010
Apprentice

Just like 93 Fox, I got my entire car tinted at 4% and I believe it's the best thing I could have done to it

2002 V6 82k --- Growing Mod List: CAI, 4% tint
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010
GT Member
5.0L Member

I have 5% on everything except I haven't done the sunroof or top of the windshield yet and I love it. Ive gotten pulled over twice in Michigan last year but got a verbal warning both times. It's nice driving at night with almost no outside light getting into the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page