Installing Clear Headlights - help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2003 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member

Question Installing Clear Headlights - help!

96GT: removed (and replaced w/clear) stock front t/signals; I can see the adjusting bolts for h/light but can't figure out how to remove entire assembly. I see the black plastic 'grommets' push through the metal housing (the ones that hold the adjusting screws) and know they have to come out of the metal housing but?? tia

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2003
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member

Do you have a chiltons manual ? They show the dissasembly in there .

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003
Apprentice
5.0L Member

One adjusting screw has a metal clip which has to be removed with pliers. The other adjusting screw and clips have to be squeezed to be pushed through the hole as they snap into place when put on. There was an article in MM&FF or 5.0 a while back which explained this. I hope this helps.

Black on black '95 GT ‘vert, 9# PD, AFR 165’s, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, Lightening mass air, 42# injectors, 190 pump, 1.7 rockers, X-pipe, Flowmasters, 'Z' trans , 3.27's, KB subs, Bilstein shocks/struts, H&R race springs, MM LCA’s & CC plates, Cobra brakes, Cervini's Stalker kit, S281 wing.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member

H/Lites

Fordgazam: My Chiltons only shows changing bulbs, not housing
Blown95GT: left side (single adjustor, left-side of car from drivers seat) hidden, I guess the whole top trim has to come off? and then I can 'squeeze" the adjustor tabs and push them back thru the housing? oh, yeah, take the corner lights out again first..

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Yes, the corners must come out first. You'll see the radiator cover has a flap on each end and only those hold downs need to be removed. If you're having trouble getting the plastic screw out like I did using an easy out in the center of the X worked perfect.

Black on black '95 GT ‘vert, 9# PD, AFR 165’s, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, Lightening mass air, 42# injectors, 190 pump, 1.7 rockers, X-pipe, Flowmasters, 'Z' trans , 3.27's, KB subs, Bilstein shocks/struts, H&R race springs, MM LCA’s & CC plates, Cobra brakes, Cervini's Stalker kit, S281 wing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page