Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Show & Shine (/forums/show-shine/)
-   -   black cobra wax (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/show-shine/232172-black-cobra-wax.html)

95blkcobra 04-23-2010 11:10 PM

black cobra wax

i have a black cobra (thats where the screen name came from lol) anyway i have to claybar and detail it pretty soon. i bought the turtle wax black box and a mothers claybar. ive used the clay bar before but never the black box. your thoughts on it please:?:

details on box
Turtle Wax - Black Box

elmerfudd 04-23-2010 11:56 PM

Go to Properautocare.com .. You will get a bunch of different comments.. I'd personally tell you to return that product... I don't care for anything they make... The site I put link to will help you out

bamaboy98 04-24-2010 12:13 AM

I just used the black box the other day and I liked it. It did make a difference but its messy if your not careful. I now have a giant black dot on one of my shoes thanks to it but other than that I liked it.

FuzzyDice 04-24-2010 10:32 AM

With all due respect to ElmerFudd......Turtle Wax makes some very good products. I have used the TW Ice Liquid Polish and the Turtle Wax Ice Detail Spray and both are very good.

I've read some good reviews about the TW Black Box as well.

elmerfudd 04-24-2010 12:43 PM

Lol... Bless your heart... Once you use something that's not bought off the shelf at Walmart, you then will get it.... Its not insulting- just saying... I would never use TW on a customers car Unless they brought it to me and asked for it directly...

FuzzyDice 04-24-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudd (Post 2033431)
Lol... Bless your heart... Once you use something that's not bought off the shelf at Walmart, you then will get it.... Its not insulting- just saying... I would never use TW on a customers car Unless they brought it to me and asked for it directly...

I have used many different products, most of which are not found on the shelves at Wal-Mart as you so graciously put it.

Reviews of these products are purely subjective. Sure some are better than others but they are also the most expensive usually. You get what you pay for.

But sometimes people may want good value and get a product that works well but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've used the TW Ice products for a quick shine and they work quite well. They may not offer as much protection over a longer period of time as some more expensive waxes and polishes but they perform quite well.

You make it sound like TW products will leave your car looking awful or will damage the surface in some way and that is simply not true.

There are hundreds of very good products out there that are good to varying degrees. I'm sure there are some cheap and awful products as well but they wouldn't be around very long with all the great competition out there.

95blkcobra 04-24-2010 01:49 PM

well i have turtle wax ice car wash(waiting for it to run out so i can buy surf city carswash) and im pleased with the results. ive used other turtle waxes before with no harm or crappy finish. i have good expectations of the black box.

FuzzyDice 04-24-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95blkcobra (Post 2033483)
well i have turtle wax ice car wash(waiting for it to run out so i can buy surf city carswash) and im pleased with the results. ive used other turtle waxes before with no harm or crappy finish. i have good expectations of the black box.

I'm sure it will do a good job. Post a review after you use it, I would like to know what you think of it.

jim293 04-26-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyDice (Post 2033452)
I have used many different products, most of which are not found on the shelves at Wal-Mart as you so graciously put it.

Reviews of these products are purely subjective. Sure some are better than others but they are also the most expensive usually. You get what you pay for.

But sometimes people may want good value and get a product that works well but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've used the TW Ice products for a quick shine and they work quite well. They may not offer as much protection over a longer period of time as some more expensive waxes and polishes but they perform quite well.

You make it sound like TW products will leave your car looking awful or will damage the surface in some way and that is simply not true.

There are hundreds of very good products out there that are good to varying degrees. I'm sure there are some cheap and awful products as well but they wouldn't be around very long with all the great competition out there.

I have to agree with Gary. Although I do not use Turtle Wax my neighbor does and he loves it. I always try to get him to switch to my Adams Products but he is sold on that Turtle wax and it does not look to shabby. You can ask a bunch of people and they will all give you a different answer as what is the best to use. You use what you are the most happy with.