Interior upgrade package (02-04) paint code - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004 Thread Starter

Interior upgrade package (02-04) paint code

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I am amazed by all the helpful information available! I'm here to stay that's for sure.

I have a 2004 Mustang GT convertible and one of the options that came with the car as I'm sure you all know is an interior upgrade package. Part of that package includes the painting of the "center panel" (basically the stereo bezel and shifter bezeL) in what Ford calls "metallic grey".

I would like to paint other pieces of my interior to match this painted center panel from the factory but have had NO luck at ALL finding out the paint code that Ford used at the factory to paint it. I am pretty much at a dead end, but I thought that there might a chance that someone here knows the paint code for this "metallic grey" paint used in the interior.

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004
Classic Member
S197 Member

we sale dupont paint at the store i work, ill ask my pain guy for the color code an ill give you the code if we have it.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for your help! I hope you are able to dig up a paint code for me seeing as how I seem to have had no luck at all on my end trying to find any information.

Thanks again!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004
Classic Member
S197 Member

we are waiting for a dupont paint rep to call us back with the code. i was hoping that he would call today, an ford parts guys wont say if they have the code or not.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004
Classic Member
S197 Member

the paint code from ford is
1.TS or F09
2.dupont B9473
the wa # is6720

if you go to your paint guy tell him the ts or dupont b9473.
an post me some pic's good luck
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help! I'm not a paint guy at all so I'm not sure what all the information you gave me means though. Is the dupont paint code all I need? I'm not sure what the "wa #" is and if I need it, and I have no idea what "F09" and "TS" is all about either. Is that at all related to the dupont paint code?

Any more information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004
Classic Member
S197 Member

the ts is fords paint code. its on the info sticker on the door post. if you look for int paint on the sticker you will find the letters ts, some of the mustangs will have a f09 on the sticker.
when you buy the paint they will ask you if you know the code? tell them you have fords code ts or a dupont code b9473

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page